This off-season will be a good time to clean house (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Payton would step back in next year as HC to continue his contract and DA goes back to DC if we lose most games this year
The mess is too big now. We are seeing how Payton and Drew covered up many flaws. What was Loomis before Payton and Drew.

Loomis was lucky lightning struck in the same bottle twice

If you don't have a QB you will struggle to win. This is why the Saints went after Watson and allegedly Russell Wilson.

The Saints will be in QB purgatory like half the NFL for a long time.
Sad but true. The broncos keep living in the same purgatory for a few years at a time until they somehow land legendary QBs like Peyton and Russ

Top to bottom. Get a new vision installed and a voice to go with it. Identify and keep a couple core pieces. Trade whatever players you can and get the most value possible. Yeah the Saints will be horrible for a couple of years but at least hypothetically this team will be infused with new young talent that will grow together.

Let's face it, this roster is going nowhere. It's evident that this team as is will not be a contender next year, even with a new coaching staff
Jason, the problem next year is that we have so many huge contracts that have been converted to bonuses. Moving guys like jordon, Davis, Kamara, etc will accelerate their money and destroy the cap, which is bad already.
We created this looming cap crisis and it may not be until ‘24 to jettison the aging and high salary roster.

Zero chance we clean house after one season.

The suck will continue for at least two years.
Yeap. Took the Raiders players completely quitting on Allen in his third season for the Raiders to cut him.

They’ll make excuses and give him a second year, and sometime next season players will flat out just quit playing.

Jason, the problem next year is that we have so many huge contracts that have been converted to bonuses. Moving guys like jordon, Davis, Kamara, etc will accelerate their money and destroy the cap, which is bad already.
We created this looming cap crisis and it may not be until ‘24 to jettison the aging and high salary roster.
I knew the situation was bad. But with it all put together it's a case of all the credit cards being maxed out and there are no more credit card companies to request a card from.

honestly, I'd say Drew covered up alot. payton without drew wasnt much better than this.
And the guy gets crucified for his last game. Even tho he had us driving down to score, already up ten. With his body literally shot. It’s fascinatingly funny.

I’m sad that folks are having to see now that Drew also covered up a very average at best O line. Despite what we are told here.

And the guy gets crucified for his last game. Even tho he had us driving down to score, already up ten. With his body literally shot. It’s fascinatingly funny.

I’m sad that folks are having to see now that Drew also covered up a very average at best O line. Despite what we are told here.
He still played at a great level. 2018 is going to be a year we as fans look back on a lot now. That was probably the last year Drew was even remotely healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom