This off-season will be a good time to clean house (1 Viewer)

He still played at a great level. 2018 is going to be a year we as fans look back on a lot now. That was probably the last year Drew was even remotely healthy.
Agreed. And we got absolutely robbed in that NFCCG.

It all is what it is. I enjoyed that ride and I’ll enjoy this one, no matter how different they may be. Just thankful I lived to see us win it all. Truly didn’t think that would happen in my lifetime.

On defense Demario Davis is absolutely a step slower.

Cam Jordan hasn’t had a strong start to a season in years.

We lost a ton of swagger in the departure of Ceedy.

Anybody who we hoped would take that next step on defense hasn’t. Especially the pass rushers (though we haven’t forced our opponent to throw that much).

On offense it’s just a scattered mess with no identity.

Our running backs have fumbled 3 times in 3 games.

And we have already missed at least 3 field goals in 3 games.
Hard to argue. I think the lack of addressing LT is being overlooked. No problem with the Penning pick, but we needed a veteran better than Hurst.

This has to be the most humorous post of the day after only 3 games.
If there is one thing you know about
Loomis is that he’s patient.

Agreed. And we got absolutely robbed in that NFCCG.

It all is what it is. I enjoyed that ride and I’ll enjoy this one, no matter how different they may be. Just thankful I lived to see us win it all. Truly didn’t think that would happen in my lifetime.
Yeah so many wonderful regular season memories with that year. One of my favorites was Jermon Bushrod making an emotional return amidst a devastating event in his life.

I thought this would be the year they kind of took a breather and tried to get the books in order. Instead they went all in again...with Jameis Winston. Just doesn't make sense to me. This team wasn't going to win it all so why stay in this absurd all in mode?

So here we are. Looking like a lame duck staff, still cap strapped, and few premium picks to go up and get a blue chip QB. Lol at this rate we might not have to worry about trading up.

It was a great run with Brees/SP. Now maybe they will finally see that it's time to let go of the past and prepare for the future. Right now we could be taking it on the chin with better cap days ahead and all our picks. This year would stink but the future would be bright. Instead this year stinks and the future is a horror show. For the love of god stop the madness with the cap. It worked with Brees/SP. Now it's just borderline irresponsible.

I thought this would be the year they kind of took a breather and tried to get the books in order. Instead they went all in again...with Jameis Winston. Just doesn't make sense to me. This team wasn't going to win it all so why stay in this absurd all in mode?

So here we are. Looking like a lame duck staff, still cap strapped, and few premium picks to go up and get a blue chip QB. Lol at this rate we might not have to worry about trading up.

It was a great run with Brees/SP. Now maybe they will finally see that it's time to let go of the past and prepare for the future. Right now we could be taking it on the chin with better cap days ahead and all our picks. This year would stink but the future would be bright. Instead this year stinks and the future is a horror show. For the love of god stop the madness with the cap. It worked with Brees/SP. Now it's just borderline irresponsible. And stop trading away the future every year. I mean what the hell? Using all those picks to aquire two players when we didn't have a franchise QB was super questionable.

The real question is whether the team has a general manager capable of making the right decisions going forward. Mickey Loomis was the person singularly responsible for the policy of continuity--he orchestrated the coaching search that produced Allen, he ratified the decision to name Carmichael as offensive coordinator after some delay, and worst he traded away future draft picks when the next draft could be one of the best quarterback drafts in recent years. If this season ends up as a huge disappointment and if the future in four months looks questionable, the person truly responsible will be not be Allen or Carmichael or Winston, but Mickey Loomis.

And there are those in the local media--some highly regarded on the board--who refuse to ever be critical of the Saints organization even when criticism was clearly warranted. An example is the offseason trade made with Philadelphia, which was nearly universally denounced outside New Orleans, but was justified by media locals.

The real question is whether the team has a general manager capable of making the right decisions going forward. Mickey Loomis was the person singularly responsible for the policy of continuity--he orchestrated the coaching search that produced Allen, he ratified the decision to name Carmichael as offensive coordinator after some delay, and worst he traded away future draft picks when the next draft could be one of the best quarterback drafts in recent years. If this season ends up as a huge disappointment and if the future in four months looks questionable, the person truly responsible will be not be Allen or Carmichael or Winston, but Mickey Loomis.

And there are those in the local media--some highly regarded on the board--who refuse to ever be critical of the Saints organization even when criticism was clearly warranted. An example is the offseason trade made with Philadelphia, which was nearly universally denounced outside New Orleans, but was justified by media locals.
Cannot stress your last point enough. All of the local guys are unabashed sunshine pumpers, even Nick, although he’s the best of the bunch imo. It’s sad.
Our board experts are also sunshine pumpers. Is what it is.

We were fleeced on that trade and usually have been.

On defense Demario Davis is absolutely a step slower.

Cam Jordan hasn’t had a strong start to a season in years.

We lost a ton of swagger in the departure of Ceedy.

Anybody who we hoped would take that next step on defense hasn’t. Especially the pass rushers (though we haven’t forced our opponent to throw that much).

On offense it’s just a scattered mess with no identity.

Our running backs have fumbled 3 times in 3 games.

And we have already missed at least 3 field goals in 3 games.
Accurate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom