This One Hurts (1 Viewer)

Pastor C

South Lafourche Tarpons!
Reaction score
Gainesville, FL Born & Raised Galliano, LA
While a loss to an AFC team is better than a loss to an NFC team, this team had this game. Going into the half 24-17 on the road at Pitt, you have to come away with the win. Again turnovers (2 led to TD's & one ended the game) were costly. And, we once again didn't force any ourselves.

This game was there for the taking. Pitt stinks & will not be in the playoffs. Man, it hurts right now. We better take care of the Bengals next week. What an offensive performance. Both defenses looked horrible. Oh well, I'll get over this one when we beat Cincy next week.

Gator, it does hurt my friend, but I have to tell you I am still nothing but impressed with the effort for 60 minutes by this team. Being down 14 in Pittsburgh against a team up against the wall, and coming back and giving as much as they got was something to watch. We are not going to fix our cornerback problem until next year and have to scheme there, but man this team, including guys like Mike McKenzie, really gave a heck of an effort =- not always smart, like Evans penalty and the fumbles, but still great effort
As you said, if we have to lose a game, an AFC in a week our rivals lost at home against a very mediocre CV team, this one was the one. NOW we have to see a strong performance and big win next week at home against the Bengals.

You stole my thread title, Gator. This one does hurt, bigtime.
It was a totally winnable game. Now we know why Copper doesn't play much.

Very painful, one we should have had.

And like Jvillejoe said it was a tremendous effort. I was proud of how they fought back to take the lead. This team is headed in the right direction. There were so many positives, that is why it hurts so much. Thank goodness Payton is our coach!

Last edited:
It doesn't hurt. The Falcons lost and the Steelers are the defending champs. The last year or two the Saints would have laid down after being down 14-0. This is the NFL and you know the Steelers have this sort of potential.

I am happy with our team! I just wish we could start scoring some points in the third. I'll be pulling for the Giants tonight just to give us a better shot down the road. This is so much better than last year! Be happy that we have a competitor! Sure we have some work to do, but I'm impressed at this point. Time to bounce back at home!

It doesn't hurt. The Falcons lost and the Steelers are the defending champs. The last year or two the Saints would have laid down after being down 14-0. This is the NFL and you know the Steelers have this sort of potential.

I'm speaking about it hurting as a fan. The team will be alright & this loss was to an AFC team.

Brees is one of the best QB's, and he showed it. He played awesome, but Copper wasn't ready for that much action. Yes he played well in the first half, but he did not prepare himself to play a whole game of football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom