This one is on coaching! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Combination of things, really. I had a feeling that missed 2 point attempt might come back to bite us. The force feeding of Kamara, who they were determined to stop, really hurt us. Why force him when Murray was doing so well? So yeah, those are on coach.

There were huge problems on defense, though. We gave up way too many chunk plays. What happened to our dominant rushing defense? The pass defense looked nonexistent at times. Just sloppy.

If there’s a positive to take from this, we put up 46 points on the #1 defense. We could have easily won this, but didn’t play soundly enough. These were two of the top teams going at it. I hope we see them again.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The 2 point try was an okay decision in my view. It was the play call that I hated. Put Mario Edwards in at fullback and then run it to the outside??? From the 1??? This is a good example of Payton being too cute. But that has nothing to do with the awful performance of the defense and the inexcusable facemask at the end.

Hey BAY BAY!!!

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I agree. You go for the points against a very good team. Not only SP kilt this game CGJ with those penalties and AK fumble was HUGE. After both 2 point conversions, CGJ penalties, and AK fumble Saints was doomed. Also not playing Murray more. Run the ball. Murray was on fire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom