This quote by Michael Thomas shows exactly what a wide receiver should be. (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In the age of diva WR's, Michael Thomas' attitude toward his role and relationship with his QB is amazingly refreshing:

“I didn’t want him to get frustrated or panicked. I want to prove to him that he could let the ball go and I could help him,” Thomas said. “I want to be that safety blanket for Drew. I want to be that supporting cast. I want him to be able to play his game, be back there and be calm and know he can trust me.”
(from The Advocate)

So freaking awesome. Pair the GOAT QB with a receiver of Thomas' ability and work ethic, and you get... Well you get Sunday night.

:gosaints:

Oh, the possibilities of what COULD BE let alone what already IS just gives me chills.

In the age of diva WR's, Michael Thomas' attitude toward his role and relationship with his QB is amazingly refreshing:

“I didn’t want him to get frustrated or panicked. I want to prove to him that he could let the ball go and I could help him,” Thomas said. “I want to be that safety blanket for Drew. I want to be that supporting cast. I want him to be able to play his game, be back there and be calm and know he can trust me.”
(from The Advocate)

So freaking awesome. Pair the GOAT QB with a receiver of Thomas' ability and work ethic, and you get... Well you get Sunday night.

:gosaints:

Give him 18m a year. He deserves it.

It's bittersweet and somehow poignant that Drew got his best WR so late in his career. No QB has done more with so little. But now he has a bonafide All Pro and he's making the most of it. I'd love to see at least two more years of these two together.

The rapport they have built in a relatively short time is remarkable.

Mike is the man. Arguably the best receiver in the league. He put the offense on his back last night and made highlight reel catches. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more dominant performance from a receiver. He just couldn’t be stopped.

As someone on Twitter said during the game last night: Brees trusts Thomas more than I trust some members of my immediate family.

That comfort level and trust is amazing to see.

One of the things that's really amazing about MT is that he's essentially a one man army right now as far as the WRs go. In free agency I'd like to see him get some help at WR or TE. I would say maybe they can find one in the draft but we have -4 picks at the moment.

I have to believe the team will look to bolster the WR position in the draft, again, but yes, MT is easily the new Colston -- dare I say it, with even better hands than Quiet Storm. No easy feat, of course.

Mike is the man. Arguably the best receiver in the league. He put the offense on his back last night and made highlight reel catches. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more dominant performance from a receiver. He just couldn’t be stopped.

As someone on Twitter said during the game last night: Brees trusts Thomas more than I trust some members of my immediate family.

That comfort level and trust is amazing to see.

It really is amazing to watch. They have achieved that Manning/Harrison, Montana/Rice level of symbiosis. When they look at the defense and how they're lined up it's like they're thinking with one mind. Both players know exactly what is about to happen.

As for MT being the best WR in the league it's debatable but I'd say he's absolutely in that debate. It really comes down to your offense and what type of player you want. For our offense I don't know if there is a better fit in football. All due respect to Julio, Hopkins, AB, etc. but those guys don't play as physical as Thomas. He attacks the ball like he's upset with it.

sometimes in sports, you hear the phrase "he just wanted it more than anyone else." with MT13, you see what that actually looks like in action...he LITERALLY wants it more than anyone else, and won't allow anyone to get in his way. it's amazing.

I think Michael Thomas is better than anyone not named Antonio Brown. His hands are so strong, his catches very consistent. He works hard and it shows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom