This Raiders-Saints trade idea is funny (1 Viewer)

cool-story-bro-4.jpg

Raidahs are desperate…they could go 0-17.
:)

Renfrow is a pretty good player and Adams is a great player, I get it. However they’re 27 and 30 years old respectively and both on bloated contracts. How many more years do they have left producing at their current levels before they substantially decline and become cap casualties? 2, maybe 3 max?

Renfrow only has 2 years left on his deal and would cost us ~$17.6M to take on his salary, not bad but I’m not surrendering an ascending talent like Taylor or a high value pick for him. Adams would cost ~$22.9M in that same span before his salary jumps to a comical $35.6M at 33 years old. So at $40.5M we’d have them for at least 2 years.

Meanwhile Taylor is only 24 and on his rookie deal nearly making peanuts. He’ll be 27 when his contract is up and will likely be a priority re-sign considering Lattimore will be 30 himself at that point. With the promise Taylor showed last year, we potentially could have TWO shutdown CB1’s under contract for the next 3 years.

The bottom can fall out on Adams at any time and Renfrow likely won’t be far behind. I’d rather keep Taylor considering he nearly blanked Adams on the stat line last year. You might get superb production from them for 2 years, but it’ll be at the expense of weakening your already aging defense by trading away one of your best young defenders. That’s not good business.

Additionally what becomes the plan when Lattimore misses substantial time and Taylor’s gone? Score 45 ppg on offense every game and hope the defense doesn’t give up 46?

Speaking of offense, what would we do there? Go 4 or 5-wide nearly every play because I wouldn’t want Olave losing snaps.

The premise of the tweet tells you all:

Who wins this Hunter Renfrew trade?

Just reading that, you know the discussion is pointless. People wearing store-bought jerseys playing GM want to show us how smart they are by telling us that they have found a way to make their team better. It just don't work like this.

If you really are a GM and you want to trade, you should be looking for an equitable trade that is good for both parts. No GM will call a fellow with an insulting offer. A GM that would do that would not be taken seriously by his peers. News fly around.

The world just don't work that way.

Just dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom