This says it all about M. Vick (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He got that right. If you can't pass the football accurately, you are going to have problems. You can run for a 1000 yds in a game, and if you don't cross the goal line, what have you accomplished. Nothing, just like Vick did Sunday. Nothing!

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand all of that. And I wouldn't want Vick as my quarterback. But as far as this past Sunday (and I'm only talking about Sunday) Vick was the only player that did anything.

You can't be on the 2 yard line twice, and get nothing, and blame that all on the Quarterback. He got them within yards of the goal line and the O-Line and RB's can't punch it in on at least 6 tries? And of course we saw the drops. That had to be so frustrating for Vick.

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a good analogy concerning the Atlanta receivers and their dropsies:

If you're playing baseball and all the pitcher does is walk the other team, when a grounder finally comes to the infield they aren't prepared for it.

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand all of that. And I wouldn't want Vick as my quarterback. But as far as this past Sunday (and I'm only talking about Sunday) Vick was the only player that did anything.

You can't be on the 2 yard line twice, and get nothing, and blame that all on the Quarterback. He got them within yards of the goal line and the O-Line and RB's can't punch it in on at least 6 tries? And of course we saw the drops. That had to be so frustrating for Vick.
Well, Vick was the one who blew up one red zone attempt by running backwards like a clown. I'm talking about the the play where Will Smith laid the wood down on him.

And he also had much more erratic throws (8) than WR drops (4). This guy is not a passer, period.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
The baseball analogy doesn't quite fit.

A friend of mine had a good analogy concerning the Atlanta receivers and their dropsies:

If you're playing baseball and all the pitcher does is walk the other team, when a grounder finally comes to the infield they aren't prepared for it.
that's a decent analogy but it doesn't necessarily apply to Craplanta's recievers. If a pitcher is pitching a shutout and a hitter finally hits the ball to the outfielder and it lands in his glove, should he not hold onto it? Should the fact that no fly balls have made it to the outfield factor in that the outfielder who get's paid to CATCH fly balls drops the ball? Is it the pitcher's fault that the outfielder dropped the ball?

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People need to get over this WE PAY YOUR SALARY garbage. News Flash fans, we don't pay players salaries. We pay for Athletic Trainers, for Stadium Ushers, for Head Coaches, we do not pay for players.

The salary cap is drawn from the television contracts. Fox, NBC, ESPN, and CBS pay Mike Vick's contract, and we don't actually pay any of those networks any money. We don't pay players contracts.

This doesn't mean I advocate players, say, flipping fans off. My only point is the sense of entitlement I PAY YOUR SALARY is ridiculous. You don't so stop. The Owner does first, the NFL second, the Networks third. We're not even on the list.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
People need to get over this WE PAY YOUR SALARY garbage. News Flash fans, we don't pay players salaries. We pay for Athletic Trainers, for Stadium Ushers, for Head Coaches, we do not pay for players.

The salary cap is drawn from the television contracts. Fox, NBC, ESPN, and CBS pay Mike Vick's contract, and we don't actually pay any of those networks any money. We don't pay players contracts.

This doesn't mean I advocate players, say, flipping fans off. My only point is the sense of entitlement I PAY YOUR SALARY is ridiculous. You don't so stop. The Owner does first, the NFL second, the Networks third. We're not even on the list.
Who watches those games on T.V. which make up those contracts which pay the players. It still all comes down to consumers. All the money starts somewhere. Owners and the NFL don't get there money from a magic tree.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who watches those games on T.V. which make up those contracts which pay the players. It still all comes down to consumers. All the money starts somewhere. Owners and the NFL don't get there money from a magic tree.
WOOOOOOOSH

right over the head

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score

Hmm, sounds like the Chicago Cubbies

Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions

thewyrm

Reaction score
sorry LSSPAM but he is right. All money in a free market society is dirived from the consumer. If we didn't watch the games, then ESPN couldn't sell the advertising. If ESPN couldn't sell the advertising, then they couldn't afford to buy the games from the NFL. If they couldn't afford to buy the games from the NFL, the NFL wouldn't make as much money. If the NFL didn't make any money, the owners wouldn't turn a profit. If the owners couldn't turn a profit then they couldn't afford to pay for players. Capitalism Baby!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOSH

right over the head
Advertising is on T.V. because its effective any getting people to buy their products. T.V. contracts are based on advertising revenues they can generate while you watch a game. We do pay money to watch those games. Its just not directly. We pay by buying those products they advertise. If it weren't for the people watching there would be no contract and no money going to the NFL to play those players. So yeah we do pay there salaries. Just because we don't personally right them a check doesn't mean we aren't responsible for the money that they are payed.

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOSH

right over the head
:no:Actually he was right!

Owners will not make any money if we don't buy tickts, if Corporations do not buy suites and no one watches the games on TV.

Everyone invest because they expect (hope) for a return on their investment.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOSH

right over the head
Actually, I thought this was kinda funny because I interpreted it as LSSpam saying that it went over his own head.

You guys are right though. It all comes down to the consumer. If we don't watch we don't buy. If we don't buy, they can't sell. If they can't sell, they can't profit.

WGHart

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I may be completely wrong but I don't think the WR's and other players care for Vick. The drops are just a lack of trying when your tired of the franchises baby always crying and blaming others. Not much different from Brooks and our receivers the last couple years. When your QB, who is supposed to be the leader doesn't take responsibility for his actions and is always blames the coaches and his teammate it gets old real quick. When Vick does have a good passing game I don't see the WR's getting any credit, it is all on Vick. The media has created him, he believes his own press reports.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom