This season is over. (1 Viewer)

Hey hey !!!!! Relax for a second everybody alright? Were not out of this yet or anything near that. We beat the Falcons next week & it will be whoop de do again. Yes today & last week were terrible for turnovers. Brees will have to take a look at himself tonight for a start no disrespect. Dont go giving up justy cos we have come down to earth for a while, could be a good thing yet.
Now if you dont mind im off to watch the Colts hopefully beat the Cowboys. The Falcons were beat, Minnesota were beat, Green Bay beat & Philadelphia aint looking good...............

Doesn't matter who you lose to, losing breeds a loser's mentality, and this team is starting to look like they've lost their way. This is a mediocre team with a "high-octane" offense that makes stupid mistakes week after week. We beat ourselves today?? Yea, no kidding. That's not any kind of justification for why this team folds up whenever they face a good opponent.

Honestly, what good teams have we beaten this year?

Cleveland and Green Bay are young with future potential, but they aren't any good now. Tampa's lousy, Philly's middle of the pack, and Atlanta is just about done.

We've lost to a good but inconsistant Carolina team, a great Baltimore team, another good but inconsistant Cincy team, and a not-so-great defending champ in Pittsburgh.

Good teams don't make the same mistakes week after week, and good teams don't find solice in clinging to a "tie" in the divisonal race, especially when the Saints are losing their grip minute by minute. Face facts, this isn't our year. No, the season isn't over yet, but unless there's some drastic improvement, there won't be much to play for come January.

Forget about "kidding themselves" this offense has consistently stalled and in our last 3 losses while giving up 13 turnovers.

We need to improve the OL so that we can consistently run the ball effectively and we need another WR.

Don't get me wrong the D needs improvement but what kills is looking at this O underachieve at critical junctures. I mean on the O the cubburd is full (- Brees, Bush, Horn, Colston, Brown) and yet when it comes game time it seems all we can scrounge up is some burnt cheese toast.

I don't think the running game is an issue, I just don't think they call enough running plays. If people want to give up on Henderson/Copper, that's fine. But I wouldn't blow a high round pick just to acquire a third string receiver.

The draft and free agency should be all about defense. If they can get Tony Gonzalez to come here then that would probably solver more than one of the offensive issues.

No way the season is done. The team is going to come back.

Payton is going to work their ***** this week

Doesn't matter who you lose to, losing breeds a loser's mentality, and this team is starting to look like they've lost their way. This is a mediocre team with a "high-octane" offense that makes stupid mistakes week after week. We beat ourselves today?? Yea, no kidding. That's not any kind of justification for why this team folds up whenever they face a good opponent.

Cleveland and Green Bay are young with future potential, but they aren't any good now. Tampa's lousy, Philly's middle of the pack, and Atlanta is just about done.

We've lost to a good but inconsistant Carolina team, a great Baltimore team, another good but inconsistant Cincy team, and a not-so-great defending champ in Pittsburgh.

Good teams don't make the same mistakes week after week, and good teams don't find solice in clinging to a "tie" in the divisonal race, especially when the Saints are losing their grip minute by minute. Face facts, this isn't our year. No, the season isn't over yet, but unless there's some drastic improvement, there won't be much to play for come January.

Sounds to me like YOU have a "loser's mentality" We're a good team dude, and we'll bounce back...

Good post, but too much realism. The Pollyannas of the boards want every word you've posted to not exist.

are you drunk? we are a good team we just had turnovers at the worst time, and beat ourselfs, turnovers will make you sick, but once we correct this, our offense is very very good, and we did a good job aginst the run today

No we are not a good team atm..... Good teams do not commit TO's..... These last two games were lost by our inability to protect the football. 3 last week and 4 this week, this is not what a good team does..... Unbelievable to me that Drew would try to force that second int. in the endzone, all i've heard is how he doesn't make the costly mistake well he just made 3... In one game.... i still can't believe it. We have to protect the football, right now i don't think we are capable of doing so.

Man i though a forum is a place where we discuss things. Why all the attacks. A misnomer, my name? lol why flame me when i call it like i see it. Yes i love this team as we all do but i spent 15yrs watching football. I know bad teams from good ones we are a slighly above average team right now. If we can correct somethings yea we could have a good shot but the way the turnovers have been these past few weeks makes me concerned. Our D is not a help either. I know we lost harper and thomas and craft arent the best but this is hurting our team now. We will be lucky if we can right the ship. I hope we do.

Man i though a forum is a place where we discuss things.

Because you didn't "discuss" anything.

You claimed the season was over even though we sit at 6-4. What's the discussion?

"Yes we will"

"Nuh uh"

1-3 is a big stat. 5-1 is a LONG time ago. Atlanta is on a slide, sure thing to end that next week against us. Maybe we beat SF and WASH, but I see 8-8 and no playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom