This should end the conversation about our passing defense - stat (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Found this little nugget of info on our passing D.

Were you unsure about the revamped secondary?Opposing quarterbacks have a 58.0 efficiency rating, the fourth lowest in the NFL and far below the 80.3 New Orleans allowed a year ago. The Saints are allowing fewer completions for fewer yards and fewer touchdowns with more interceptions.
When you hear the nonsense about our pass D, just shut them up with the above facts.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3619-New-Orleans-Sports-Examiner~y2009m9d29-Saints-have-answered-every-question-after-three-games

Yeah but we will still hear "It was against two first time QBs and Trent "underneath pass" Edwards."

And when we beat down the Jets this week, we'll hear " It was against TWO rookies, a first time QB and Trent "underneath pass" Edwards."

I await what excuse will be given when we take down Eli and the Giants... "Well, it wasn't against Peyton and besides Eli is only an average QB."

I can hear now what they will say when we beat Brady and the Pats, " Well Brady is still coming off an injury year so....."

Just be ready to hear the above stuff all the way to the Superbowl. :mwink:

Yeah but we will still hear "It was against two first time QBs and Trent "underneath pass" Edwards."

And when we beat down the Jets this week, we'll hear " It was against TWO rookies, a first time QB and Trent "underneath pass" Edwards."

I await what excuse will be given when we take down Eli and the Giants... "Well, it wasn't against Peyton and besides Eli is only an average QB."

I can hear now what they will say when we beat Brady and the Pats, " Well Brady is still coming off an injury year so....."

Just be ready to hear the above stuff all the way to the Superbowl. :mwink:

Stay Humble, Stay Hungry! "Nuff SAID!"

I pointed this out to some Bills fans last week to prove how underrated our defense was. It was a tad higher last week but looking better this week.

Also, we are have allowed the 4th lowest completion percentage by opposing QBs.

There are only a handful of QBs in the league that are hard to beat. Brees, Peyton, Brady, etc. Everyone else is just another QB in their franchises history. Some are better than others, but ultimately won't be considered special once they've been gone a couple of years.

Now, whether those QB's teams win or lose has more to do with supporting players such as lineman, receivers, backs, etc. The Lions had Calvin Johnson, the Eagles had DeSean Jackson (who burned us good once) and Brent Celek and the Bills had T.O. and Lee Evans. Those are those teams best supporting players.

And here are their stats against the Saints:

Calvin Johnson
Receptions: 3 Yards: 90 TD's: 0

DeSean Jackson
Receptions: 4 Yards: 101 TD's: 1

Brent Celek
Receptions: 8 Yards: 104 TD's: 0

T.O.
Receptions: 0 Yards: 0 TD's: 0

Lee Evans
Receptions: 4 Yards: 31 TD's: 0

Nevermind all the talk about passing yards. Look what we have done to the other teams playmakers. They've been irrelevant in all the games we've played so far. With only one passing touchdown amongst the bunch of them. I think this speaks volumes.

Nevermind all the talk about passing yards. Look what we have done to the other teams playmakers. They've been irrelevant in all the games we've played so far. With only one passing touchdown amongst the bunch of them. I think this speaks volumes.

:plus-un2::plus-un2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom