This Sunday features the #2 Offense vs. the #6 Defense (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This Sunday features the #2 Offense vs. the #6 Defense, and it's not what you think it is. It's the Giants #2 Offense vs the Saints #6 Defense.

So while we can boast about being in the Top 6 in offense and defense (Saints #3 Offense and #6 Defense), so can the Giants, who are in the Top 2 in Offense and Defense (#2 Offense, #1 Defense).

Bottom line: this will be a very close game and perhaps a low-scoring game too.

Saints 20
Giants 17

we got this play our game and let Drew open up the run with the pass and we will be fine. What is important is quick 3 step drops and rmeber Kenny Phillips is out so I think Devery gets one deep this weel!!!

This Sunday features the #2 Offense vs. the #6 Defense, and it's not what you think it is. It's the Giants #2 Offense vs the Saints #6 Defense.

So while we can boast about being in the Top 6 in offense and defense (Saints #3 Offense and #6 Defense), so can the Giants, who are in the Top 2 in Offense and Defense (#2 Offense, #1 Defense).

Bottom line: this will be a very close game and perhaps a low-scoring game too.

Saints 20
Giants 17

Wow, never thought that we would have #6 defense and not have the #1 offense!

Depends on how much of a factor the Raiders played in getting the Giants such a high rating, their "O" might be closer to the Saint's "D" rating.

well ... the giants played only ****** teams ... thats why their ranking is that high

rankings are useless ... it just works for television and dumb fans ...

we all know NO is playing better than the giants. .. the giants didnt have any challenge this season, I dont know if they are ready for us

Even deeper...

Giants defense rank #2 (tie) in scoring defense... giving up 14.2 ppg
Saints defense rank #7 in scoring defense... giving up 16.5 ppg

Something's gotta give, because:

Saints rank #1 in scoring offense... scoring 36 ppg
Giants rank #4 in scoring offense... scoring 30.2 ppg

home field advantage is what's gonna win this game for the Saints.

NO - 31
NYG - 13

Even deeper...

Giants defense rank #2 (tie) in scoring defense... giving up 14.2 ppg
Saints defense rank #7 in scoring defense... giving up 16.5 ppg

Something's gotta give, because:

Saints rank #1 in scoring offense... scoring 36 ppg
Giants rank #4 in scoring offense... scoring 30.2 ppg

home field advantage is what's gonna win this game for the Saints.

NO - 31
NYG - 13

I put more into scoring offense and defense. Still should be a pretty good game, I have to admit the Giants have me extremely worried. Would be nice to come out 5-0 and knock off the Giants at home, but I'm not going to cry about 4-1 either.

I put more into scoring offense and defense. Still should be a pretty good game, I have to admit the Giants have me extremely worried. Would be nice to come out 5-0 and knock off the Giants at home, but I'm not going to cry about 4-1 either.

Yeah me too... games are decided on the scoreboard. I won't be mad if we lose neither, but I just don't see it happening. UNLESS... the offense comes out flat, and have a miserable day... turning the ball over and allowing the NYG Dline to run wild at Brees.

Ain't gonna happen (crosses fingers and toes)...

Wow, never thought that we would have #6 defense and not have the #1 offense!

Actually one is the product of the other......the fact the Offense isn't forced to have to score every drive to keep a lead is why the O has dropped in the rankings. Brees also hasn't been forced to play catch up in any game yet. Over the past two seasons Brees has been forced to throw for a bunch to either try to protect a lead or catch back up. Now with Williams' Defense there's not a need to pass as much. Now Brees and co. can get a lead, run the ball, burn the clock, and rely on the D to keep that lead. I said this same thing before the season started - if the D and running game improve then Brees' totals will go down but that's a good thing......

Actually one is the product of the other......the fact the Offense isn't forced to have to score every drive to keep a lead is why the O has dropped in the rankings. Brees also hasn't been forced to play catch up in any game yet. Over the past two seasons Brees has been forced to throw for a bunch to either try to protect a lead or catch back up. Now with Williams' Defense there's not a need to pass as much. Now Brees and co. can get a lead, run the ball, burn the clock, and rely on the D to keep that lead. I said this same thing before the season started - if the D and running game improve then Brees' totals will go down but that's a good thing......

It's almost like teams are still having a problem believing/respecting the SAINTS run offense, so they're using their safeties in coverage to try and thwart Brees. I think that SP and Brees might have, in previous years, tried to hit something big anyways as a big F.U. to the opposing team but this season I think the offense is focused on doing whatever it takes to win a game. For as much damage as they're doing to my FF standing, I like seeing "W"s next to the SAINTS more than I do next to my FF team.

New York's last three wins were against cupcakes with a combined record of 1-14. But two wins against their NFC East rivals have been by a combined margin of just eight points, against unimpressive Washington and Dallas.

Make of it what you will...

rankings are useless ... it just works for television and dumb fans ...

we all know NO is playing better than the giants. .. the giants didnt have any challenge this season, I dont know if they are ready for us

Rankings, esp power rankings, ARE useless, but statistics, esp team statistics, are NOT. No matter who the Giants have played, they still have a Defense to be concerned about. Last I checked, they made the playoffs the past 4 years in a row. They have more Super Bowl championships than us during the past 4 yrs.

You can bet they'll be studying the Jets tape on how to stop us on offense. We'll be facing a real good defense in the Giants. But I'm sure we'll be ready for the challenge.

Rankings, esp power rankings, ARE useless, but statistics, esp team statistics, are NOT. No matter who the Giants have played, they still have a Defense to be concerned about. Last I checked, they made the playoffs the past 4 years in a row. They have more Super Bowl championships than us during the past 4 yrs.

You can bet they'll be studying the Jets tape on how to stop us on offense. We'll be facing a real good defense in the Giants. But I'm sure we'll be ready for the challenge.

Check again. They missed the playoffs in 2006.

It's almost like teams are still having a problem believing/respecting the SAINTS run offense, so they're using their safeties in coverage to try and thwart Brees. I think that SP and Brees might have, in previous years, tried to hit something big anyways as a big F.U. to the opposing team but this season I think the offense is focused on doing whatever it takes to win a game. For as much damage as they're doing to my FF standing, I like seeing "W"s next to the SAINTS more than I do next to my FF team.

Most D coordinators try to take away what they perceive as the Offense's greatest strength - with the Saints that's Brees and the passing game. The Bills completely sold out to stop the pass - used small, quick DL with tons of stunts to try to confuse the Saints OL, played the Tampa 2, and dropped 7-8 into coverage. They actually did a great job for a half. Then Payton asked his OL what they wanted to do.....they answered "run the ball". And they did against a D that only gameplanned to stop the pass. The Eagles D tried to play base thinking they would be equally successful at stopping the run and pass. Brees burned them to the ground and the passing game then opened up the run. The Jets D concentrated on stopping the pass, did a good job, but Williams' D took up the slack. That's what's so scary about this current Saints team - it's truly a "pick your poison" team and the D isn't going to give you any breaks either........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom