This Sunday features the #2 Offense vs. the #6 Defense (1 Viewer)

The more I think about this matchup, the more I like our chances.

Saints slay the Giants. Big time.

All this talk of how good the Giants rank in Offense/defense and how they are so good leads me to wonder????? Have the Giants played anybody worth a crap???????
Dallas
Tampa
KC
Oakland
:idunno:

I think this will be a run first game for the Saints. Giants have been giving up a lot on the yards per carry on D. SHould be a good game. I really really hope Sharper picks Eli for a pick 6.

The more I think about this matchup, the more I like our chances.

Saints slay the Giants. Big time.

man I like the attitude, wish I felt as confident. Its Tuesday and my palms are sweaty thinking about it.

Last edited:
Fine with me. The greater percentage of the Super Bowl winning teams are usually at the top in defense and running the ball. The great thing about it, we have Drew Brees whenever we feel like passing. We are a playoff team.

This is the NFL and you are what your record indicates. These are 2 really good teams facing each other. But I give the edge to the Saints and here is why:

1. The Dome. Home field advantage is huge is this matchup. The folks in the Dome will be going bonkers.

2. For some reason, Payton owns the NFC East except for the Skins. I can't figure that out but Payton has beaten the Cowboys, the Giants (twice) and the Eagles (thrice).

3. This isn't your daddy's Saints team. This is TEH most balanced Saints' team that has ever graced the gridiron. Don't be mistaken, this is the number 1 offense. Just wait and see how the year plays out. We will beat the Giants, Dolphins and Patriots and when the softer part of the schedule presents itself, the stats are gonna skyrocket.

4. The offense will have a healthy Bell and Thomas back along with Bush. This run aspect will force the safeties to play up, opening cavernous holes and leaving the secondary on lonely islands to be exploited by Meach, Colston and Dev. Oh and did I forget the Lance should be back.

People are going to be surprised by how much better the Saints are than the Giants. Saints win this by 17+ points and are 3 kneel-downs in a victory formation away from making it a 24+ victory.

We're so worried about our offense coming out flat. But the Giants are just as likely to be the team to come out flat. They have to play every bit as hard to beat us as we do them. Two top 10 D's, two top 10 O's. No discernible lopsided deficiencies except perhaps the injuries to the Giants D which has heretofore not affected their win-loss column.

man I like the attitude, wish I felt as confident. Its Tuesday and my palms are sweaty thinking about it.

I saw Matt Cassell get the ball out okay against the NYG pass rush and if Matt could do it, Brees will be able to do it. People talk about the Giants pass rush like they get awarded points when the QB merely lines up in the shotgun. It seems like the interior pass rush that can disrupt Brees has been contained thus far by the SAINTS interior line, but even if it comes down to having to max protect, I do like the SAINTS WRs against the NYG secondary.

I'm more interested to see the SAINTS defense stop the NYG rushing attack. I hope GW gets all his defenders back this week, because they'll need a good rotation to try to protect against the defense getting worn down by the multi-headed rushing attack.

[edit]: But since I see Brees being able to throw the ball a little bit against the NYG defense, I think that the potency of the NYG rushing attack may be blunted by the fact that the SAINTS may have enough of a lead to take some of the run plays off the table.

Last edited:
Actually one is the product of the other......the fact the Offense isn't forced to have to score every drive to keep a lead is why the O has dropped in the rankings. Brees also hasn't been forced to play catch up in any game yet. Over the past two seasons Brees has been forced to throw for a bunch to either try to protect a lead or catch back up. Now with Williams' Defense there's not a need to pass as much. Now Brees and co. can get a lead, run the ball, burn the clock, and rely on the D to keep that lead. I said this same thing before the season started - if the D and running game improve then Brees' totals will go down but that's a good thing......

I agree. However, the running game is more productive because we are winning more so than we are winning because the running game is productive.

This Sunday features the #2 Offense vs. the #6 Defense, and it's not what you think it is. It's the Giants #2 Offense vs the Saints #6 Defense.

So while we can boast about being in the Top 6 in offense and defense (Saints #3 Offense and #6 Defense), so can the Giants, who are in the Top 2 in Offense and Defense (#2 Offense, #1 Defense).

Bottom line: this will be a very close game and perhaps a low-scoring game too.

Saints 20
Giants 17

The giants are a good team, and won't get any disrespect from me. That being said, I will add that the giants for the most part haven't beaten anyone of quality. They won big when they were supposed to. This is the third time this year that we've played the #1 defense. We have yet to trail in a game this year. While it may be true that the coaching staff is only looking for a W, I don't think that's the case. There is a little bit of an edge to this game, to be sure. The g-men will be looking strongly at #88, and try to shut him down, believing that he'll have some personal score to settle, only to have Moore grab the majority of the short passes this week. I can also see Evans with a big week. Saints win by 3 TDs. Bank on it.

Another advantage Saints, I don't think any Giants fans on their boards know how to post in Garamond.

I'll bet you ANYTHING we don't win by 3 TDs. That's too much credit to our team and too little credit to the Giants.

I can see maybe winning by 7 or 10 points, but not 21!

If I'm wrong, I'll come back and eat crow, but I don't think you're giving enough credit to the coaches. I think we'll have the right game plan on both sides of the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom