This team has lost three out of Four... (0-2 2nd half of season) {merged} (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
I like to divide the season up in first half and 2nd half. Just like during a game you must make adjustmenst and often those teams that do the best end up with a winning streak in November/December. Until now our team is not performing in the second half.

We are now 0-2. The last loss was mind boggling and could damage a young teams confidence. We are still "too cute" in the red zone (to use Payton's own description). I don't even want to talk about the turnovers..... Still we totally dominated them on offense.

Our team has not made the necessary 2nd half season adjustments. This is on the coaches. And now the injuries are starting to pile up. Given we have little depth we are really clutching at straws. Anyone predicting us to win the Division is rather naive.

We have got some tough games coming up. Does anybody really think the Falcons will allow its team to lose 4 in a row.??? and against the team they HATE the most? This will be the game of the season (as was the previous game against the Falcons). This game is huge

GD,

I agree and feel your pain. I cannot believe I'm supporting this....but sometimes it's better to get conservative in the Red Zone run the ball and take the 3 versus trying to be cute and taking an interception. I think on both Int's in the endzone by Brees, they didn't run the ball but rather passed.

Who really knows all that is wrong...however, we all know something has to change.

We need to win our next 2 games. Beat Atlanta and they are out of the playoff race. Beat the 49ers and they are out. We'd be 8-4 with the closest team to us at best 6-6. If we win the next 2 we make the playoffs

Don't forget about Carolina.

Yes, that last game could decide a play off spot for us or not. Their defense is back on track, but offensively they are still puffing below par. Still will be a tuogh game.

But first we need to treat the next game as "now or never". The players must play as if this is the last game of the season. It is play off time!

I think we will make the playoffs but if we do at 9-7 what’s the point. I know if you are in you are in but that means we will only win 3 games the rest of the way. Payton needs to do something because this team had too much pride and heart to go down like this and not make a run. Time to step up and play like it means something. Turnovers are unacceptable no matter how they happen. I see it coming down to the end of the year with us and Carolina at 9-6 fighting for the division. I think we have a shot but for god sakes beat Atl. with all those injuries and Vick having a horrible last three games.
http://www.nfl.com/injuries Report from Balt. game

This team has lost three out of Four... {merged}

Because the head coach is too enamored with his passing game and not taking the time to establish arunning game. This includes continuing to force carries to Reggie Bush, who is improving, and not giving enough carries to Deuce who is the workhorse on this offense....

Because this team has caught the turnover/drop bug. Between dropped passes, fumbles, and INTS- INT's are by-products of throwing the ball 50 times a game....

Because this team lacks a MLB who can adequately defend the run consistently and a grup of sub-paar defense backs who simply should not be starting in the NFL, save for perhaps Mckenzie, who has his faults...

Because Weatherford has really had several poor games punting....

That said, no team goes through a season without struggles and this is a very young team with a new head coach finding his way. I think they will bounce back to some degree, but the defense will not be where it needs to be this year. Let's look forward to an off-sesaon filled with defensive aquisitions....

Not really. We lost because of turnovers.

Yesterday we had 2nd and short. Tried to pound the ball to take the lead. We get stuffed both times. Nothing was working the redzone yesterday. It was comical.

BTW..i find it funny you threw in a jab at our MLB....who shut the middle down yesterday once again.

I like to divide the season up in first half and 2nd half. Just like during a game you must make adjustmenst and often those teams that do the best end up with a winning streak in November/December. Until now our team is not performing in the second half.

We are now 0-2. The last loss was mind boggling and could damage a young teams confidence. We are still "too cute" in the red zone (to use Payton's own description). I don't even want to talk about the turnovers..... Still we totally dominated them on offense.

Our team has not made the necessary 2nd half season adjustments. This is on the coaches. And now the injuries are starting to pile up. Given we have little depth we are really clutching at straws. Anyone predicting us to win the Division is rather naive.

We have got some tough games coming up. Does anybody really think the Falcons will allow its team to lose 4 in a row.??? and against the team they HATE the most? This will be the game of the season (as was the previous game against the Falcons). This game is huge

Wow... GD... I hope I'm wrong, but you seem like a glass half empty kind of guy... sure there are things to be addressed, but I don't see an artery bleeding that we can't stop. We've shown we've finally got the talent, and the coaching to get the job done... we are not 0-2 Brother, we are 6-4, which is TWICE as many games as we won last year. This is almost an entirely new squad, with some of the best position players in the league.... Brees, Colston, Bush, Horn, McAllister, Grant.... I could go on.... Atlanta's hurting... we've got something to prove... we'll prove it.... we will be in the playoffs... these guys are good.

The MLB shut the middle down great while Johnson was plowing downfield. How is fact a jab? Plus I bet if you line Deuce up with A FB on 3& 1 we make that first down.

It's not up to what the Falcons do...it's up to the Saints...it's in our hands to correct the mistakes that inevitably hit every team. It's just our time to do it. Boy...I hope the team has got better things to do then read some of the posts on this forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom