This team is good, just not good enough to win a SB (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1) too many penalties; even if some are just hawk eyed trigger happy refs doing what they are known to do. PLAY the Saints!
We know this so we have to battle it, there is no other way. It is what it is.
2) No legit WR2. Period. Exclamation.
3) DB is slower and needs all the help he can get. That includes O line and WR help. When that does not happen, forget it.
SP will always have 1-2 games where his coaching will be a head scratcher. We will lose 90% of those. Like forgetting Murray totally yesterday.

If the Saints win the SB, WE CAN THANK THE FALCONS FOR WAKING US UP!
If they don't go deep, WE CAN THANK THE FALCONS FOR EXPOSING US TO THE WHOLE LEAGUE

26ISTHEMAN

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
1) too many penalties; even if some are just hawk eyed trigger happy refs doing what they are known to do. PLAY the Saints!
We know this so we have to battle it, there is no other way. It is what it is.
2) No legit WR2. Period. Exclamation.
3) DB is slower and needs all the help he can get. That includes O line and WR help. When that does not happen, forget it.
SP will always have 1-2 games where his coaching will be a head scratcher. We will lose 90% of those. Like forgetting Murray totally yesterday.

If the Saints win the SB, WE CAN THANK THE FALCONS FOR WAKING US UP!
If they don't go deep, WE CAN THANK THE FALCONS FOR EXPOSING US TO THE WHOLE LEAGUE
1. The Saints are one of the least penalized teams this year. Yesterday was a bad game, not a trend.
2. Legitimate concern. No point in sugarcoating this.
3. Mostly agree. The Oline is one of the best but needs to play like it, and when they do, everything else on offense falls into place.

Yesterday was a stinker, top to bottom. Deonte Harris and Mike Thomas were the only guys that came to play. If they rebound with a good game next week, we'll forget about the Falcons. If they lay another egg, that's another story.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why does the Falcons game, by itself, count for more than the first eight games?
because we have a boatload of young, impressionable and spoiled fans that think the Saints SHOULD win every matchup by 40.

And when we dont, we have gaping holes, stupid coaches, no talent WR and a washed up QB.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Because of the circumstances: AT HOME, AFTER A BYE, ARCH DIVISION RIVAL
and then getting outplayed in all 4Q
The Falcons are pros, too. They had a bye, and they were hyped for their division rivals as well.

The entire NFL, quality-wise, has about as much talent variation as the NCAA Top 10. Maybe even a little tighter grouping than that. It's not some disaster when a college football #7, say, defeats #1. Same here -- two teams fairly evenly matched in talent, but one came in more focused, more determined and with a no-film defensive scheme. Hats off to Raheem Morris this week. See ya on Turkey Day.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There isn’t a team in the league, every season, without flaws. It comes down to how significant and varied those flaws are, and how well the team can overcome them.

The 2019 Saints have weaknesses. We knew that coming in. Our FHoF QB is 40, and that makes a difference. He’s now fresh off an injury, also.

We aren’t experienced at the WR position, and on top of that, have had to deal with injuries to the two young returning players expected to contribute this season. Reported efforts to address the position via trade didn’t pan out.

We could use another sideline to sideline LBer.

Like every team, we are thinner at depth at some key positions. It’s hard to lose a starting G or CB mid game and not experience a drop off, and particularly this roster. Again, that’s a situation every team has to manage.

The Saints are very much still one of the better NFC teams but that guarantees nothing. They got whipped by a division rival that has a talented roster but little else to play for now but pride. They showed up and won convincingly. Hopefully the Saints can get it going again next game.

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
OP, when we win the SB I'll be here awaiting your apology. You also don't get to enjoy the victory the way the rest of us do since you've jumped off of the wagon. Losing one game has nothing to do with what we do in the playoffs or Super Bowl. I swear I've learned a lot about our fan base in the last 24 hours and I'm ashamed to say I don't like what I'm seeing.

Yes it was a sloppy loss. It doesn't negate the amazing football we saw before yesterday. This is the most talented team we've ever had and yesterday won't talk me out of it. We'll clean it up and we'll move on.

OP
Reaction score
We should have known it was all over in 2009 when we lost at home to the Bucs. Season is obviously over.
Sarcasm/off
LOsing at the tail end of a season after clinching home field advantage and losing this mid season game this way is the same thing ?!!?......jeez at least compare apples to apples!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom