This team is like an old PC that is obsolete (1 Viewer)

spflash

Rookie
Reaction score
Time to transfer all the worthwhile data (aka players mainly) onto a new PC and start over. Sorry but there is no other analogy that i can think to best suit what i think this team and organization are as a whole. Yes a lot of people have mentioned that there are way too many players on this team over the hill (Evans, Strief, Colston are the ones that stand out) that this team depends on more than they should but i honestly believe this team has the talent to complete for the playoffs.

I look for this team to make wholesale changes next season, and they may make our past off-season pale in comparison in terms of just how many things in fact will be different come next season. The performance i saw in the defense yesterday is what gets people fired, and its just not about the DC, besides a few players on the defensive side (im pretty sure i dont need to name who they are) i saw no fight, no hussle, no real desire...watch the 78 yard Matt Jones TD...that was sickening.

The Saints do have a top 5 offense, which of course was clearly not demonstrated yesterday...but look at it this way, if you were a player on the offensive side of the ball yesterday, how demoralized would you be when you see your defensive take the field and you honestly felt they had 0 chance of stopping the opponent, does that really motivate you to keep playing at a high-level play in and play out? I know they managed to do so a few weeks ago vs the Giants but that was at home feeding off the crowd, that is so much tougher to so on the road, and that urge to keep fighting off doesnt last forever, which was proven to me yesterday. I truly think the offense is fine (yes they need to address things like getting younger at guard, TE, and WR come next draft but its not like the offense is in complete disarray like the defense clearly is.

Everyone on these forums are proclaiming that RR needs to go, and yeah, he absolutely does, no doubt...but the position coaches should share plenty of the blame too. Problem is, Sean Payton, whom i still believe is one of the best playcallers and HCs period in the NFL, refuses to part with some of them, and as such, its created an impass. I dont want Sean Payton to not be our HC next year, but the more ive thought about it, the more and more its becoming clear to me its time for both he and the Saints organization to part ways...and the Saints brass has already said b/c of the fact of what he has meant to this team and this city, should he contemplate leaving the Saints after this season, they will allow him to do so if he so wishes.

RR is a problem, a big one, but we all know he isnt the only one, in order for this team to start competing again next year for the playoffs and beyong, a lot of wholesale changes will need to be made, and if that implies that coach Payton is done here, so be it, its time to reboot i say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom