This team once was 5-2 (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
And it seems the bottom has fell out since. Injury after injury. Bad play after bad play. And now loss after loss. It feels like having surgery without the anesthesia. Tonight was the first time I watched a Saints loss and not feel much of anything. Maybe because deep down I know we're not good enough especially being down 14 starters.

Yup, I forced my self to watch bits and pieces, and this is the worse showing ever by saints offense in the payton error that i can rememember. I dont really care honestly, and I didnt get upset or anything. I think we just need to rebuild and draft a QB for the future. I sure do miss the Brees led offense!.....

That was a different team that was 5-2. Our entire offense is backups. We're fielding a team that we'd put out there in the second week of preseason. What would you expect?

Sean Payton's attitude has nothing to do with it. We simply don't have the tools available to win because they're all hurt. It's pretty simple.

Nobody should have ever believed we were better than the Packers and Bucs when we had also lost to Carolina and NYG. That 5-2 looks good in the standings but was fools gold. We were never a consistent team and the offense has looked bad from the beginning. We have serious talent deficiencies and cannot play complimentary football at this point.
You are what your record is. At the time, we had Winston, Kamara, Trautman (flawed as he was) CJGJ, and I believe Davenport was back.

Big surprise. When all your best players get hurt, your team isn't as good.

Nobody should have ever believed we were better than the Packers and Bucs when we had also lost to Carolina and NYG. That 5-2 looks good in the standings but was fools gold. We were never a consistent team and the offense has looked bad from the beginning. We have serious talent deficiencies and cannot play complimentary football at this point.
This. And unfortunately a lot of people just don't get it. All smoke and mirrors.

What bothered me is Sean Paytons seemingly uncaring attitude. I just wanted to see him get mad or something? I guess though we have seen him like this before.
Bc he knows he screwed this offensive roster even before the season began. The problem with being “the smartest and most arrogant guy in the room”, is that you are too stubborn to remove your ego out of any equation. Remember all of those years we had those amazing offenses and zero defense??? Look at what we have now. Tables have turned. And don’t give me any nonsense about the defense. Those dudes are actually doing well considering the circumstances….but hey….most of you LOVED the Peat, Ruiz, and Turner picks.

What bothered me is Sean Paytons seemingly uncaring attitude. I just wanted to see him get mad or something. I guess though we have seen him like this before.
The psychoanalyzing takes are the ones I dislike the most in trying times - ‘they don’t care, they’ve given up’
- it’s so banal
I get it that we want simple answers
Well here it is, the simple answer is we are racked by injuries and a coach throwing a temper tantrum does not produce WRs or QBs or OLinemen

Last edited:
Yep. The majority of our starting offense would be backups on other teams. It’s one thing to have a guy or two out, but to have so many out, including the QB, both RBs, your only good, star receiver, and key o-line pieces, it’s just about impossible to overcome. We aren’t competing with anyone. It’s obvious. Throw Taysom in there since you paid him and what we’ve got isn’t cutting it. At least his mobility could create a little more excitement, though we still aren’t going to dominate anyone. We honestly may not win another game the way it looks.

And it seems the bottom has fell out since. Injury after injury. Bad play after bad play. And now loss after loss. It feels like having surgery without the anesthesia. Tonight was the first time I watched a Saints loss and not feel much of anything. Maybe because deep down I know we're not good enough especially being down 14 starters.
Reminds me of the 1993 team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom