This team really needs an ELITE kick returner or punt returner (1 Viewer)

ummm Holiday wil not play in the NFL far to thin and small.....great college threat and world class speed...but even his football skills are not NFL....he is just world fast and a situation player in college.

Reggie was a Heisman and is now a situation player in the pros....see the difference.

and Darren Sproles isn't too small and thin? Holliday would be an excellent KR/WR, a pretty good WR, and a good HB IMHO. He's projected to go in the 6th round in next year's draft, and whoever he goes to, they won't regret it. Did I mention his speed????:hihi: Dude ran a 40 meter dash in 4.28 seconds WEARING High Top Basketball shoes AND without getting in a track stance. SPEED!!:nb:

That's the only thing I see missing from our team. I wish we could trade for one.

I haven't checked the stats, but our KR and PR must be some of the worst in the league. I don't think we should trade for these positions, because there are plenty of FA's that can go the job. Nevertheless, they are definitely team weak spots. Poor blocking makes the situation even worse.

Holliday is 5'5" and 160 pounds

Sproles is 5"6 and 181 pounds

Holliday also only runs maybe less than 5 plays a game on the field besides returns anyway becuase he is so injury prone with his size. His speed is great but he has it more as an advantage in college than the pros where everybody is fast.

Holliday is 5'5" and 160 pounds

Sproles is 5"6 and 181 pounds

Holliday also only runs maybe less than 5 plays a game on the field besides returns anyway becuase he is so injury prone with his size. His speed is great but he has it more as an advantage in college than the pros where everybody is fast.

Meh, you never know, he could do great in the NFL, he could be the next Ryan Leaf, it's the NFL, where the possibilities are endless!(unless you try to hit the quarterback...15 Yards *****!) If the Saints want a good KR/PR, tell Everyone on special teams that DOESN'T have the ball to BLOCK and stop playing grab*** with the linebacker that's trying to take your returner's head off.

A horrible average when they do kick to him and a handfull of turnovers and 0 touchdowns would not be a good job in my mind. He is dangerous and explosive but very inconsistant. And ball security is just as important if not more for a punt returner than the 3 touchdowns they bring back a season.

Two questions:

Do you know why his average is terrible? (if not, please read this thread)

How many turnovers on special teams is a handful of turnovers?

Two questions:

Do you know why his average is terrible? (if not, please read this thread)

How many turnovers on special teams is a handful of turnovers?

Well he certainly had 3 fumbles in the detroit game luckily he got one back. And even though not on special teams he has commited some more turnovers. I agree he is dangerous but the fact is this season his average is horrible and he has no big returns or touchdowns. All im sayin is that is not elite.

I have questioned Reggie's returns in the past, but now I am going to come to his defense.

Watching the game in the Dome you can really appreciate the extent to which the opposing punter was kicking away from Reggie. There is not much anyone could do with those punts. It's hard to appreciate this watching on TV.

Well he certainly had 3 fumbles in the detroit game luckily he got one back. And even though not on special teams he has commited some more turnovers. I agree he is dangerous but the fact is this season his average is horrible and he has no big returns or touchdowns. All im sayin is that is not elite.

History says that he is due for at least 1 punt return for a TD this year. He's gotten one in every year he's been a punt returner (don't think he was our PR in '07). I think if you get at least 1 a year, you're worthy of the job.

Even if he's not elite, they are going to keep trotting him out there as long as they keep shanking punts to avoid him.

That's the only thing I see missing from our team. I wish we could trade for one.

The jury is still out on Bush this year as a punt returner. Teams are generally kicking away from him which suggests they regard him as a significant threat. On the other hand, he hasn't done anything with the returnable punts he has caught.

Might have to wait until we play Minnesota in the playoffs. Reggie returns 4 to the house before Fox cameras catch Brad Childress strangling his punter on the sidelines.

:hihi:

After he did it once, I was like... "No way they kick to him again".

Then they did and Reggie tripped over himself and I was like "wow they got so lucky there they definately wont kick to him again"...

And then they kicked it to him again and we all know how that ended.

Reggie Bush is finding his place in the offense and also improving on returns, his confidence is returning and it wont be long before we all are going nuts as he brings one to the house. Bush's confidence was definately low for awhile, but he is improving alot and he will have a major impact in the return game.

As far as Bush's returns on the punts he has fielded... have any of you actually SEEN how horrendous our Special Teams coverage has been? They need alot of work.

Here is my proposal, if we are in the market for a big time kick returner.
We know the Cleveland Browns are looking to pick up extra picks, we should make a trade offer for Joshua Cribbs. He is a big time kick returner. He could make a great difference for our team. Anyone else agree?

Actually I disagree.

I think one of the reasons our special teams struggles is our lack of draft picks. Rookies looking to make a name for themselves tend to excel on Special Teams, while players even 1 or 2 years tend to play a bit safer.

The Saints need to sure up their kick coverage much more than they need bigger returns.

A horrible average when they do kick to him and a handfull of turnovers and 0 touchdowns would not be a good job in my mind. He is dangerous and explosive but very inconsistant. And ball security is just as important if not more for a punt returner than the 3 touchdowns they bring back a season.

UGH! He is an elite returner, but ask yourself this question. How has the blocking on punt returns been? **** how about kick returns? Both of these are very much a team play, punt returns even more so. ST play has not been great, and been terrible in the Det. and NY games. Punt returns have been terrible, mainly because there is NO blocking for Reggie none. The guy catches the ball and his met immediately by 4 opposing players, i don't care who you are your not gonna get away from that. Of course he sometimes falls into old habits and trys to make something from nothing and ends up going backwards, but don't get it twisted if set up right with blocks reggie is a beastly returner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom