This team really needs an ELITE kick returner or punt returner (1 Viewer)

STHornet

THE YOUNG PRESIDENT
Reaction score
That's the only thing I see missing from our team. I wish we could trade for one.

Reggie is an elite PR but he just hasn't been able to get in a groove. I think they should also try Reggie with KRs

I think it's more the blocking schemes that we need help on. Roby looks like he hits holes hard, and he always seems like he's about to break one... I feel a few big ones for him in the near future

Do you think teams continually punt away from Bush because he sucks as a punt returner? He is a huge threat. Teams can avoid elite punt returners like that. I do not see a team trading for a kick returner.

We have an elite punt returner and he has been doing his job the entire season. Teams are afraid to kick to Reggie, we get great field position off punts even though he doesn't get a chance to return punts. Give it a couple more games, some coach is going to get real smart and say, "hey, Reggie isn't returning punts like he was last year". Said team will kick to Reggie and Reggie will make them pay...and once again teams will avoid kicking the ball to him.

I think Reggie has proven he is an elite punt returner in this league. We do need to improve on coverage, IMO

Elite kick returners/punt returners are never "needs." They are a luxury, a "nice to have" kind of player. Payton values roster spots far too much to just get a player that excels at the return game and nothing else.

Reggie will be fine for us right there. He hasn't had a good start to the season in the return game, but I think that will change eventually. And Roby is sure handed and dependable. That's good enough for this squad.

Do you think teams continually punt away from Bush because he sucks as a punt returner? He is a huge threat. Teams can avoid elite punt returners like that. I do not see a team trading for a kick returner.

Good point. In fact, because teams are kicking it toward the sideline, it is difficult for Bush to use his speed to break across the field like he did last year. Credit teams for using this strategy. At the same time, it shows jut how much of a threat he is, and when you do not have punters like Feagles who has the experience to get the ball deep and near the sideline, then you can end up with the shanked punts we have seen at times from other punters kicking it to Bush. I would imagine that before this season is over, Bush will take two or three to the house.

With the emergence of the "normal" running attack this year with Pierre and Bell, I would not be opposed to using Reggie on kick off returns.

Good point. In fact, because teams are kicking it toward the sideline, it is difficult for Bush to use his speed to break across the field like he did last year. Credit teams for using this strategy. At the same time, it shows jut how much of a threat he is, and when you do not have punters like Feagles who has the experience to get the ball deep and near the sideline, then you can end up with the shanked punts we have seen at times from other punters kicking it to Bush. I would imagine that before this season is over, Bush will take two or three to the house.

Thank You!! When a team kicks hi and AWAY..It gives the defenders an extra second to get closer to the returner and basically smother him.

We have an elite punt returner and he has been doing his job the entire season. Teams are afraid to kick to Reggie, we get great field position off punts even though he doesn't get a chance to return punts. Give it a couple more games, some coach is going to get real smart and say, "hey, Reggie isn't returning punts like he was last year". Said team will kick to Reggie and Reggie will make them pay...and once again teams will avoid kicking the ball to him.

I endorse this post. :plus-un2:

Might have to wait until we play Minnesota in the playoffs. Reggie returns 4 to the house before Fox cameras catch Brad Childress strangling his punter on the sidelines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom