This team will make the playoffs (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
A lot of posters on here like to compare this team to past teams as an indicator of future outcome. This team has so much potential to be great that and if it all came together in a perfect world it could be one of the best teams we have ever assembled. And yes, I honestly believe that. You guys keep talking about these gaping holes but I don't see them. Lets have honest conversation about this team. Tell me where you disagree and lets debate.

Offense:
QB: Drew Brees - Nothing needs to be said

RB: Explosive group of backs. A better group than 2011 IMO.

WR: Best group of receivers we've had here since 2011 and potential to eclipse them

TE: Fleener is no Graham nor do I expect him to have the production he had here but this is a decent group. Questions at #2 and #3 TE.

OL: Armstead is Elite, Unger is great, Strief is Solid. The other spots are question marks but if you watched Peat at LG in the game against Baltimore he had virtually zero errors. Payton knows his best spot is at LG and he looked at home there so I think he will be solid. Lelito is a liability plain and simple but I think a Plan is in place for Turner to supplant him. Turner looked much better than Lelito in every game and the grades reflected that. Together they all looked very solid against Baltimore with only one real error on the overload blitz.

DE: Jordan and Kruger starting makes an above average duo and I expect 10+ sacks a piece.

DT: Fairley and Davison both look very good, Onyemata developing quickly. Jenkins looks healthy and is pushing the pocket. Very solid group.

LB: Best LB Corps we've had since 09. They can run and cover. Above average group and Anthony looks healthy again.

CB: Breaux, Harris, and Finnegan have looked the best. Williams and Crawley will grow and get better. We've got a few questions here but no gaping holes.

Safety: Vaccaro and Byrd with Bell looking solid. Above average group.

This is almost a complete team IMO and I find 10-11 games very possible with potential to be even better. We have a tough schedule but we also have a really good football team. My two big areas right now are RG and TE depth. Everything else I am okay with. Lets debate.

A lot of posters on here like to compare this team to past teams as an indicator of future outcome. This team has so much potential to be great that and if it all came together in a perfect world it could be one of the best teams we have ever assembled. And yes, I honestly believe that. You guys keep talking about these gaping holes but I don't see them. Lets have honest conversation about this team. Tell me where you disagree and lets debate.

Offense:
QB: Drew Brees - Nothing needs to be said

RB: Explosive group of backs. A better group than 2011 IMO.

WR: Best group of receivers we've had here since 2011 and potential to eclipse them

TE: Fleener is no Graham nor do I expect him to have the production he had here but this is a decent group. Questions at #2 and #3 TE.

OL: Armstead is Elite, Unger is great, Strief is Solid. The other spots are question marks but if you watched Peat at LG in the game against Baltimore he had virtually zero errors. Payton knows his best spot is at LG and he looked at home there so I think he will be solid. Lelito is a liability plain and simple but I think a Plan is in place for Turner to supplant him. Turner looked much better than Lelito in every game and the grades reflected that. Together they all looked very solid against Baltimore with only one real error on the overload blitz.

DE: Jordan and Kruger starting makes an above average duo and I expect 10+ sacks a piece.

DT: Fairley and Davison both look very good, Onyemata developing quickly. Jenkins looks healthy and is pushing the pocket. Very solid group.

LB: Best LB Corps we've had since 09. They can run and cover. Above average group and Anthony looks healthy again.

CB: Breaux, Harris, and Finnegan have looked the best. Williams and Crawley will grow and get better. We've got a few questions here but no gaping holes.

Safety: Vaccaro and Byrd with Bell looking solid. Above average group.

This is almost a complete team IMO and I find 10-11 games very possible with potential to be even better. We have a tough schedule but we also have a really good football team. My two big areas right now are RG and TE depth. Everything else I am okay with. Lets debate.

I agree when you go through each position the talent is there. Weakest spot being the guard position, but I think Peat will rise to the occasion. Hopefully someone lights a fire under Lelitos *** or give it to Turner. Other than that the roster isn't all that bad. It's the small things, the fundamentals, that needs to be addressed. I know it was a rough preseason, but hey it was preseason. I still have high hopes for the season. As every fan should. Why? Because we are FANS. Why not be optimistic. Makes the weeks go by a lot smoother as well :9:

I have a very good feeling come Sunday afternoon a lot more people will be looking to hop on the bandwagon. Just a feeling I have.

Peat is hot and cold, and the cold plays really hurt, Lelito is just bad, hope turner is one answer, but the OL is the base by which everything else starts. I think TE will be ok for us.

There will be some growing pains over the first half of the season, but if they can stay reasonably healthy and grow up as a team, they will make the playoffs.

Staying reasonably healthy and growing is not that tall of an order.

As I've said before this team wins the turnover battle 10 out of the 16 games we have a chance to make the playoffs. I'm confident that the coaches will put the guys out there that give us the best chance, I think it comes down to execution which to me is exemplified by turnovers. I just hope we we are in the top 10 in that category and our record will speak for itself

12-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree when you go through each position the talent is there. Weakest spot being the guard position, but I think Peat will rise to the occasion. Hopefully someone lights a fire under Lelitos *** or give it to Turner. Other than that the roster isn't all that bad. It's the small things, the fundamentals, that needs to be addressed. I know it was a rough preseason, but hey it was preseason. I still have high hopes for the season. As every fan should. Why? Because we are FANS. Why not be optimistic. Makes the weeks go by a lot smoother as well :9:

I have a very good feeling come Sunday afternoon a lot more people will be looking to hop on the bandwagon. Just a feeling I have.

I disagree that guard is our weakest position. Until proven otherwise, LB and DL are our weak areas.

I disagree that guard is our weakest position. Until proven otherwise, LB and DL are our weak areas.

I agree. The linebackers, sideline to sideline, look slow and average at best. The D-Line is made up of a good player and some castoffs-free agents. Byrd hasn't looked good for years, Breaux is loaded with potential, and the other corner is either a castoff or UDFA. Vaccaro is ok close to the line but can't cover. This defense may gel and be top 20. There is one thing said that is absolutely accurate. We must get turnovers and not give them away. Turn overs and penalties can make a mediocre group look great and a great group look mediocre.

I think this team as constructed looks very good. I can't wait to see what Paul Kruger can do at defensive end. I hope Daniel Lasco gets involved a lot on offense if Ingram struggles some. That kid is gonna be a good one IMO. CJ Spiller looks to be back to his explosive self. The group of receivers look to be the best we have had in years. No doubt, Coby Fleener will put up huge numbers in this offense. If healthy I believe this defense will be damn good. The one spot that scares me is corner. Going into camp I really liked the depth at the position, but losing Lewis and Swann has dampered that significantly. I like what I saw from PJ, Harris, Crawley, and Finnegan though. NEVERMIND LOL..The only position I really have a problem with other than guard(Lelito) is kicker. I can't believe for the second year in a row coach has picked the wrong kicker IMO. I'm hoping Landon Turner turns out to be our future starting guard for years to come.

Preseason is preseason, so you can't really judge the team as a whole from it IMO. How many times was Drew in there in the 4th quarter? How can a team get into a rhythm when they only play a handful of snaps in a game? The preseason doesn't damper any of my expectations going into the season. I think we will shock many and make the playoffs...

I think this team being good will be based on a few things here:

1.) how quickly the oline can gel and be effective
2.) how quickly can pj Williams become effective
3.) will the pass rush show up
4.) no key injuries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom