This team will make the playoffs (2 Viewers)

Until I see the following get fixed I don't know what this team is:

1. Pass blocking
2. Ability to stop a team on 3rd down
3. Ability to stop the run
4. Ability to get pressure on the QB
5. Ability to have a special teams play without a flag

Until I see the following get fixed I don't know what this team is:

1. Pass blocking
2. Ability to stop a team on 3rd down
3. Ability to stop the run
4. Ability to get pressure on the QB
5. Ability to have a special teams play without a flag

There is definitely a mindset on third down. And it's not, "we are done here". It's more, "holy smokes I hope they don't get it"

I agree. The linebackers, sideline to sideline, look slow and average at best. The D-Line is made up of a good player and some castoffs-free agents. Byrd hasn't looked good for years, Breaux is loaded with potential, and the other corner is either a castoff or UDFA. Vaccaro is ok close to the line but can't cover. This defense may gel and be top 20. There is one thing said that is absolutely accurate. We must get turnovers and not give them away. Turn overs and penalties can make a mediocre group look great and a great group look mediocre.

Ellerbe and Laurinaitas weren't particularly fast guys to begin with but they make up for it with their diagnosing skills and that gives them sideline to sideline ability. Anthony is fast. Just because players are free agents doesnt mean they aren't good players or game changers. I wouldn't lower their value just because they were available. Byrd hasn't look good because the D has been terrible. Breaux isn't just potential, he is a star in the league already. Williams is neither cast-off nor UDFA. One of Vaccaro's best attributes is playing the slot and subsequently defending the TE he hasn't been great in zone but has shown obvious improvement this preseason. I think top 10 is possible.

Posts like this remind me of how uniformed average fans are. Lol.

Wow, great point. I'm so glad you added such value to the thread. Please bestow upon us your unrivaled football knowledge.

You guys have alot more faith in Strief than I do, but if we get quality play on the line we will be really nice

I disagree that guard is our weakest position. Until proven otherwise, LB and DL are our weak areas.

We have more depth at LB than we've had in a very long time and once Rankins comes back our D-Line will be vastly improved. Also I see Kruger having a big impact. Did you see the interior line block during the preseason? Yes it was preseason but in my eyes by far the weakest area, but can be fixed.... Hopefully

Posts like this remind me of how uniformed average fans are. Lol.

HAHA what? Is it a crime to be optimistic? I'm optimistic and I wouldn't consider myself an average fan. Been watching the Saints since I learned to talk. If you know how the season will go why watch? I bet you will be watching every Sunday though and why is that? Because any given Sunday the Saints can win.

As I've said before this team wins the turnover battle 10 out of the 16 games we have a chance to make the playoffs. I'm confident that the coaches will put the guys out there that give us the best chance, I think it comes down to execution which to me is exemplified by turnovers. I just hope we we are in the top 10 in that category and our record will speak for itself

very true. Look at these astonishing W/L numbers with:

Zero turnovers (31-1)
When they “win” the turnover battle (24-4)
When they are “even” in the turnover ratio (19-9)
When the Saints LOSE the turnover battle (19-47)

This is all on no more injuries but we all know that no team can make thru the season that way

Posts like this remind me of how uniformed average fans are.

Jostov is merely pointing out that some fans have only average Saints uniforms. I agree, if we all would up our game with our fan-wear, we would have more of a chance of winning the Superbowl this year.

The single most important group that usually indicates whether or not a Team makes a run is the offensive line. More importantly the running game.

If we cannot run the ball , defenses can pin their ears back , if defenses can pin their ears back , Strief has a snowballs chance in hell , If Strief has a snowballs chance in hell , Drews shoulder is done , if Drews shoulder is done we are done.

If we can run the ball , defenses can't play prevent on our Elite receiving core , If they can't play prevent on our Elite receiving core Drew becomes surgical , If Drew Becomes surgical we win 13 games easily , if we win 13 games easily we get the #1 Seed , If we get the #1 seed we win the superbowl.

Ahh the running game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom