This thread is not for the weak-hearted (1 Viewer)

WilliamBrees

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If you are sensitive, please do not read the rest of this post and go back.

I believe the rams have better playmakers on defense, but we have the better offense but barely. Lately, our oline has struggled and our offense has not been that great. LA is 100% healthy.

There is the home advantage in our favor, but I'm gonna forget about the fact the home team has won every title game since 2012. Cowherd picked LA against us and he is undefeated with his playoff record this postseason so far. But also there is this.

Since 2002, the NFC champions have been part of a rotational pattern with each division taking turns representing

South
South
East
West
North
East (South reshuffled)
West
South (reshuffled in rotation)
North
East
West
West
West
South
South
East (North reshuffled)

The two skips may have been due to the fact that in 2007, no NFC South team repeated as division winner or a playoff team. Brees set a precedent that year prior where Carolina, Atlanta, or Tampa Bay could not top, and also it was the NFC's turn to win. It was also the NFC's turn to win last year and there was no way anybody but Green Bay was winning a SB in the NFC North. If this pattern stays true, guess who's turn it is......the NFC West. This was why I was so quiet this past year and why I hardly said anything. I felt like we were n the right place at the wrong time and we will see Sunday. It is also the AFC's turn before the NFC starts the next three year streak.

And I cannot see the rams winning the SB over NE or KC. KC set the bar very high in the AFC and we never even played that team. LA had to score in the 50s to win that game week 11. I don't think KC beats NE this week. I am very scared to pick in our game. If we lose, can Brees hold out until 2021 before retiring?

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the rams have better playmakers on defense, but we have the better offense but barely. Lately, our oline has struggled and our offense has not been that great. LA is 100% healthy.
Kupp is on IR. No idea about overall injury status but this thread isn't worth the effort to go check.

There is the home advantage in our favor, but I'm gonna forget about the fact the home team has won every title game since 2012.
Because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Cowherd picked LA against us and he is undefeated with his playoff record this postseason so far.
He's still guessing like everybody else. I have no idea how others have picked and fared and don't care.

Since 2002, the NFC champions have been part of a rotational pattern with each division taking turns representing

South
South
East
West
North
East (South reshuffled)
West
South (reshuffled in rotation)
North
East
West
West
West
South
South
East (North reshuffled)
There is literally no consistent pattern here.

The two skips may have been due to the fact that in 2007, no NFC South team repeated as division winner or a playoff team. Brees set a precedent that year prior where Carolina, Atlanta, or Tampa Bay could not top, and also it was the NFC's turn to win. It was also the NFC's turn to win last year and there was no way anybody but Green Bay was winning a SB in the NFC North. If this pattern stays true, guess who's turn it is......the NFC West. This was why I was so quiet this past year and why I hardly said anything. I felt like we were n the right place at the wrong time and we will see Sunday. It is also the AFC's turn before the NFC starts the next three year streak.
Blah, blah, blah, words, more words, blah, blah, blah.

And I cannot see the rams winning the SB over NE or KC. KC set the bar very high in the AFC and we never even played that team. LA had to score in the 50s to win that game week 11. I don't think KC beats NE this week. I am very scared to pick in our game. If we lose, can Brees hold out until 2021 before retiring?
Our game? You a Saints fan?

Why does he need to hold out until 2021 before retiring - because of that nonexistent pattern you think is a thing?

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Rams have more play makers on defense?

List them.

And I didn't mention the name, but it was also Cowherd that said the Saints got a big break from playing in a weak division this year. He did not say that about the Rams and Patriots, who's division win pcts were worse than the NFC South.

But put faith in his picks will you.

soupcan dan

next---the world !!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
weak-hearted ? i've been a fan since '71 . your deep analysis is a joke compared to the spirit and confidence i have in this team.

show me something besides rhythms and patterns. this is a sport played by professionals not a mathematical curve

TyroneHughes

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Anything can happen......the big difference now is the OL is back....not 100% but I'd say around 80% at worst.

Saints have been banged up going waaay back Bengals game with OL limited...it was mounting.

I'm thinking these guys haven't played together as a unit for over 60% of the play calling each week for months.

I'd take this 80% OL, Sean's playcalling, our playmakers and Drew vs anybody in the dome any day of the week......let alone the nfc champ game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)