This thread is not for the weak-hearted (1 Viewer)

WilliamBrees

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
If you are sensitive, please do not read the rest of this post and go back.

I believe the rams have better playmakers on defense, but we have the better offense but barely. Lately, our oline has struggled and our offense has not been that great. LA is 100% healthy.

There is the home advantage in our favor, but I'm gonna forget about the fact the home team has won every title game since 2012. Cowherd picked LA against us and he is undefeated with his playoff record this postseason so far. But also there is this.

Since 2002, the NFC champions have been part of a rotational pattern with each division taking turns representing

South
South
East
West
North
East (South reshuffled)
West
South (reshuffled in rotation)
North
East
West
West
West
South
South
East (North reshuffled)

The two skips may have been due to the fact that in 2007, no NFC South team repeated as division winner or a playoff team. Brees set a precedent that year prior where Carolina, Atlanta, or Tampa Bay could not top, and also it was the NFC's turn to win. It was also the NFC's turn to win last year and there was no way anybody but Green Bay was winning a SB in the NFC North. If this pattern stays true, guess who's turn it is......the NFC West. This was why I was so quiet this past year and why I hardly said anything. I felt like we were n the right place at the wrong time and we will see Sunday. It is also the AFC's turn before the NFC starts the next three year streak.

And I cannot see the rams winning the SB over NE or KC. KC set the bar very high in the AFC and we never even played that team. LA had to score in the 50s to win that game week 11. I don't think KC beats NE this week. I am very scared to pick in our game. If we lose, can Brees hold out until 2021 before retiring?

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We are all nervous about this game. Everyone is handing it differently.

I'm reading every single thing that's out there knowing full well that none of it means anything come Sunday at 2:05. Rhythms and patterns don't mean anything. Neither do Cowherd's picks. But neither do all 8 people picking us on ESPN.com or the 4/6 picking us on SI.com. But I'm still wasting my time reading all of it, haha.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are all nervous about this game. Everyone is handing it differently.

I'm reading every single thing that's out there knowing full well that none of it means anything come Sunday at 2:05. Rhythms and patterns don't mean anything. Neither do Cowherd's picks. But neither do all 8 people picking us on ESPN.com or the 4/6 picking us on SI.com. But I'm still wasting my time reading all of it, haha.

The Saints will win but dammit, I'm a fan, what else should I be thinking right now!?

Did anybody else really put in all that time on the season, cheering this team, just to give up at this point?

All this need to seem analytical and unbiased is such a weird thing to me. I'm a Saints fan. 100%. Of course I expect us to win Sunday, and if, by some freakish chance we don't, then we got screwed somehow!

WHO DAT (string of curse words)!!!!

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think this thread should have been titled ' not for the intelligent' ... c'mon man if you're gonna be pessimistic at least point out flaws or something. Not some crazy pattern incoherent stuff that has nothing to do with anything lol.

I can see OP sitting there like " I KNEW this would get down voted... poor weak-hearts"

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Things are moving slowly as we get closer. A lot of folks have been jumping ship on us lately because we're not "explosive" anymore. I don't get into the prediction game because it only leads to a false sense of confidence. That's why every week I say the same thing "Just win baby". Objectively, I do think HFA and a better overall D than 09 are things to feel good about but that doesn't mean we will automatically win. To each his own. :cool:

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think this thread should have been titled ' not for the intelligent' ... c'mon man if you're gonna be pessimistic at least point out flaws or something. Not some crazy pattern incoherent stuff that has nothing to do with anything lol.
Agreed.

In all seriousness, the Rams have a very good team and this is a great matchup. I think that's true on the AFC side, as well. After everything else was settled, it seems like the right four teams made it to the conference championships.

The Saints are going to have to play some of their best football of the season to win, but I like their chances. A lot!

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If anyone knows his history it's William Brees. Been a long while since I've seen him spit his negative genome. What a keen time to do so lmao

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Can't you see the pattern? SOUTH WEST NORTH NORTH NORTH WEST SOUTH SOUTH EAST EAST SOUTH SOUTH WEST WEST WEST

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s true. Brees is done. Guy didn’t even put up 4000 yards this year. 8 men in the box, dare Brees to beat you, and Rams are in the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom