This time last year (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that at this time last season, the Saints were 11-0 and the Vikings were 10-1. Both teams finished the season 2-3 in the final 5 games.

The point?

There is still plenty of football left to be played and A LOT can happen during the month of December. Bad teams beat good teams all the time at this point of the year. Weather turns cold, injuries mount, etc.

So let's not focus on Atlanta, Chicago, Philly, etc. and just worry about the games ahead, starting with Cincinatti.

I agree, but for whatever reason, the threads that discuss the next opponent are being ignored. :shrug:

I agree, but for whatever reason, the threads that discuss the next opponent are being ignored. :shrug:

I dont know. I just want to be sure people realize these things when talking about all the doom and gloom of being a wild card team. Who cares about that stuff right now. Still plenty of football to go.

We, as fans, have the luxury of looking ahead without it affecting performance.

I admit I'm having trouble focusing on Cincinnati with the Bucs and Falcons playing this weekend and the big Ravens and Falcons games coming up.

And actually, to Saints fans, a Tampa Bay win is more beneficial than a Saints win.

Falcons win, Saints win = Still waiting on a Falcons loss.
Falcons loss, Saints loss = Saints control their own destiny.

Weird.

We, as fans, have the luxury of looking ahead without it affecting performance.

I admit I'm having trouble focusing on Cincinnati with the Bucs and Falcons playing this weekend and the big Ravens and Falcons games coming up.

And actually, to Saints fans, a Tampa Bay win is more beneficial than a Saints win.

Falcons win, Saints win = Still waiting on a Falcons loss.
Falcons loss, Saints loss = Saints control their own destiny.

Weird.

^ This
I want us to beat Cincinnati just as bad as the next guy but it seems that a Falcon loss this week is just more important to me ... Crazy:idunno:

Gotta love the fan coaches. Let's focus on the Bengals alone. :hihi: Also, it'd be more honest to say the Saints finished 2-2, given hardly any starters played that final game.

Safe to say just as many eyes will be on the Bucs/Falcons game next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom