This upcoming Cardinals Game (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
There is an article on the Saints News forum here on Saintsreport. It is all about the Saints Offense vs Cardinals Defense. It listed the numbers, and I was flabbergasted. They do get Peterson back, but other than that, they have nothing to hang their hats on. Their Defensive numbers are awful. We just drubbed the Bears - who, by the way, post one of the top Defense's in the league. What does anyone think we will do to the Cardinal's Defense?

Now, unless we have the worst game of all time by our Offense, we should be able to put up around 30 points on them, especially at home. Watching Murray, we had something we don't have with Kamara in the game - a true power runner. And, he's not bad in the passing attack, especially on screens. Granted, they can put Peterson on Thomas, and it will slow him down some, but he won't be shut out. He probably won't get over a hundred yards, but he will still be just fine.

With Murray running the way he did against Chicago, this will open up the Passing game, and the O-line is playing outstanding, giving TB (or, hopefully Drew) plenty of time to go deep to Ginn. And, if Drew is back, then the 3rd and 4th options in the passing game will also open up, as he knows how to read more than 2 options in the passing attack. Humphries, anyone?

I just can't see the Cardinals beating us. They just don't have the talent on their team we do. We are a legitimate SB contender. They are a 3rd place team in their division. Geaux Saints.

The real concern (for me anyway) was being down, potentially, two starting DBs against their spread O. Our D has been awesome and I think a big part of that has been the chemistry and continuity.

If Apple really is good to go, that’s a huge plus.

Any given Sunday, though. And if we bust a coverage or two, the game could get dicey. But I’m really happy with the injury news today.

The real concern (for me anyway) was being down, potentially, two starting DBs against their spread O. Our D has been awesome and I think a big part of that has been the chemistry and continuity.

If Apple really is good to go, that’s a huge plus.

Any given Sunday, though. And if we bust a coverage or two, the game could get dicey. But I’m really happy with the injury news today.
Me too. I really hope Apple can play. Drew playing would be a huge plus as well.

Any given Sunday. That didn’t become a saying by accident. In the NFL, you have to be ready for your opponent each and every week, and if you look past someone or take a W for granted, you tend to get punched in the mouth.
The Cardinals have some weapons on offense, and they have some players on defense as well.
I’ve been a Saints fan since the mid 1980’s, and I’ve seen teams that have no business beating the Saints, beat the Saints.

My biggest concern, as it has been every week, is offensive production if a team some how manages to slow our two big stars on offense. Kamara and Cook are likely out. No team has been able to slow Thomas thus far, but what happens if someone finally is able to do so? Patrick Peterson is a pretty good CB. Do we have enough other receivers that can pick up 3rd-and-5? Ginn is solid but he's very inconsistent in his ability to get open. Josh Hill is still Josh Hill...perhaps he can sneak his way into getting open again, but the guy doesn't make contested catches. We otherwise have absolutely no receiving game to speak of.

6 receptions in 7 games by our #3-5 WRs. That's just awful, and has to be worst in the NFL.

Do we have enough other receivers that can pick up 3rd-and-5? Ginn is solid but he's very inconsistent in his ability to get open. We otherwise have absolutely no receiving game to speak of.

6 receptions in 7 games by our #3-5 WRs. That's just awful, and has to be worst in the NFL.
I think we do. At least, if Drew comes back for this game. TB is a good game manager, but he is only a 2 option passer. He almost never checks down to his 3rd or 4th option. Drew is master of this. This is why he always has games where he completes passes to 6 or 7 different receivers in a game. I'm looking for Humphries to have a breakout game if Drew plays.

This is the 5th scrambling QB we've faced (Dax, Gardner, Wilson, Winston, Watson). What haven't we seen that could potentially derail us? Our defense is rock solid. Shut down the run and make the rookie beat us through the air. As far as our offense, its ball control & sustained drives. If Kamara sits then dial up some more cow bell Murray and make their defense play 37plus mins. I can see Teddy's serving up his first 40 burger. Think the Cincy game last season.

This is the 5th scrambling QB we've faced (Dax, Gardner, Wilson, Winston, Watson). What haven't we seen that could potentially derail us? Our defense is rock solid. Shut down the run and make the rookie beat us through the air. As far as our offense, its ball control & sustained drives. If Kamara sits then dial up some more cow bell Murray and make their defense play 37plus mins. I can see Teddy's serving up his first 40 burger. Think the Cincy game last season.

What could derail us? Turnovers, injuries, or sloppy play like we saw from ST in the last game - to name a few.

IMO the only thing that can result in a Saints loss is multiple turnovers and a team that plays flat for 4 quarters. That is something I don't expect, but as they say 'on any given Sunday'!

IMO the only thing that can result in a Saints loss is multiple turnovers and a team that plays flat for 4 quarters. That is something I don't expect, but as they say 'on any given Sunday'!
I totally agree with this assessment. Turnovers are true Killers in the NFL. However, I don't see us turning over the ball against that Defense. They are not good enough for that. Not against us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom