This was our annual “wake up” game. (1 Viewer)

This made me think of the Rams game back in 2011... probably the best offensive team we've ever had and we lost to the 2-14 Rams with a performance that seemed a lot like this. We lost to the 4-12 Bucs that year too, and went 13-3...

In that game, we were down 24-0 midway through the 3rd quarter. Like this one, we would move the ball but every drive would stall.

Difference? Those games cost us the division and we had to go to SF wild card weekend (I'm still trying to forget that game)... With the Panthers losing again, we still have a 2 game lead...
This is definitely similar. If I remember correctly, the Rams had not won a game when we played them and we had just blown out the Colts on Monday Night Football 62 - 7. We did not lose a game after that loss. Lets hope we have the same result this year.

Last year the skid started with the Falcons game in the dome. We wouldn't have won that game if not for the turnovers. Then it was the Cowboys game, then the Panthers game where we barely escaped. Somewhere along the way was that sucky game in Tampa. I don't know. Everything is a blur now. But I think it will take another game or two to recover. It's not as if we hit a brick wall, reverse and turn the car around. We tend to back up and hit the wall one or two more times just to be really sure that we can't go through it lol. THEN we get back on track. That's how I remember it.
I think this is why you are seeing what people are calling an "overreaction" to one game. I don't think its that much of an overreaction to be honest with you. Yes, we are still a good football team but our goal is to get to and win the Super Bowl. You just pointed out what happened last year, so its not hard to come to the conclusion that the same things that cost us last year is starting to rear its ugly head again.

I won't worry yet until I see a few more games but its a little concerning. Our offense shows flashes of what it used to be but its not a consistent thing. We've seen in games this year that our defense can carry this team but again its not consistent. Sunday, we saw what can happen when both the offense and defense are both off. If that happens in a win or go home playoff scenario everything goes down the drain regardless of how good our regular season record is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom