This Weekend Should Bring News, (1 Viewer)

As long as the team is under the cap by the 12th they don't have to make any cuts or restructure any contracts unless they intend to sign a player and they need more room. We might not hear any news this weekend.

Only issue here is that we have to make our restricted tenders. For instance, we'll probably need an extra $2 million under if we want to tender Ivory at a second round level. We'll make some sort of move before the 12th.

Let's at least bring in Walter Thomas and kick the tires.

Only issue here is that we have to make our restricted tenders. For instance, we'll probably need an extra $2 million under if we want to tender Ivory at a second round level. We'll make some sort of move before the 12th.

The need for space to tender restricted free agents is a good point but I would be surprised if any team were to put a second round tender on an often injured, third string, running back.

The Saints are 2 years behind on cutting Will Smith, its time to count their loses and move on before it costs them a couple FAs that would actually produce on the field

Also, if the Saints are going to release a veteran (i.e. Smith, Vilma or others), I would expect them to give them the courtesy of doing so before free agency starts to give them the best chance to catch on elsewhere.

This ^.

Which would leads me to believe that if Smith and Vilma have not been released by Saturday (agents can negotiate with teams at midnight) they have agreed to restructure.

As long as the team is under the cap by the 12th they don't have to make any cuts or restructure any contracts unless they intend to sign a player and they need more room. We might not hear any news this weekend.
Cuts are coming my fellow Whodats, cuts are coming..:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom