This Weekend Should Bring News, (1 Viewer)

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
right?

March 12th is when FA officially begins so we should expect some moves as it pertains to cuts and the salary cap, if I'm not mistaken.

All teams must be below the cap by Tuesday afternoon at 4 pm edt.

Actually, teams can start talking to Agents(legally) this Saturday. So even though guys can't officially sign, you'll probably start hearing movement all across the league this weekend.

As long as the team is under the cap by the 12th they don't have to make any cuts or restructure any contracts unless they intend to sign a player and they need more room. We might not hear any news this weekend.

How long will the Saints allow Vilma and Will Smith to "consider" the reduced contracts they've been offered before they force the issue? I'd hate to see us miss on a FA or 2 because we're waiting on those 2 to decide.

How long will the Saints allow Vilma and Will Smith to "consider" the reduced contracts they've been offered before they force the issue? I'd hate to see us miss on a FA or 2 because we're waiting on those 2 to decide.

Saints aren't dumb... I don't think you give a guy (smith/Vilma) a take it or leave it offer then let them lock you up so you can't accomplish your goals in FA

Also, if the Saints are going to release a veteran (i.e. Smith, Vilma or others), I would expect them to give them the courtesy of doing so before free agency starts to give them the best chance to catch on elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom