This why Jameis is not starting (1 Viewer)

I don’t think people want him to fail, we just have to be honest that he is undisciplined with the football and he doesn’t seem to have broken the habit yet. It would take Drew 5 seasons to equal the amount of turnovers Jameis had last year lol. If you count the dropped ints by the defenses playing the Bucs last year, Jameis would have easily thrown 40+ picks. You can’t ignore that simple because he puts on a Saints uniform

He maybe undisciplined, or he maybe a victim of what his previous offenses called for. Constant vertical attacking. And the more deep passes u throw, the more chances of INTs increasing

And his bad eyes couldn'tve made the issue any better. BTW let's not totally disregard that passing for 30 TDs & over 5000 yrds in the freaking NFL with imperfect vision is quite an impressive feat in itself

Winston isn't playing because Winston is learning how to put it only where the receiver can catch it, and if you saw the game "the touch" to put it there just isnt there yet. Not to mention, you got a lot of bad Arians influence he could easily revert back to.

Maybe not consistently, but the touch on his pass to Kamara last week was insanely good.

My biggest concern with Taysom is the transition from RPO QB to pocket passer game manager QB. Simply round peg square hole mentality. Can he move toward that role while keeping the gambler in check.
I don't think Payton would have kept him around at that salary if he didn't see more than the JOAT he has been.
Then again i didn't think Payton would have made some of the draft, gameday, challenge, and management decisons he's made. So what do I know.

I think it’s the fact that he’s been here for three years, we gave him starter money for next year, and he earned the #2 job.

I’m not a Kristin Garic fan but he’s said from the beginning of the season if Drew goes down during a game, Jameis will finish. If Drew goes down for a period of weeks, Taysom will start.

No biggie here. Jameis simply didn’t get the message from Drew that Teddy got:

“Completions are good!” 😊

On this particular play, Sanders goes in motion. Nobody followed him, but wat Winston missed in his read was there was no DB on that weak side either!

IMO, a quick toss to a wide open Sanders was an easy competition. Moreover, it appeared that a S was responsible for coverage against Eman.

Mismatch!

Sometimes a pic just tells the tale. But Sean knows what Jameis can do...its why Jameis is here. Jameis was looking at his tablet and drinking water in 4th with game blown all the way out, letting Brees get garbage yards and points.

Attachments

• 20201122_080255.jpg
    20201122_080255.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 17
Up 14 with less than 6 minutes to go and you throw into triple coverage?

Plus the sack he took on first and goal at the 4.

Situational awareness just not part of his game.

Sean definitely had seen all he needed to see.

I remember that play and Sanders was wide open in the flat. Really didn't know how many defenders were out there from the TV view but seeing that view..only 1 defender came over from 15 yards away.

I think it’s the fact that he’s been here for three years, we gave him starter money for next year, and he earned the #2 job.

I’m not a Kristin Garic fan but he’s said from the beginning of the season if Drew goes down during a game, Jameis will finish. If Drew goes down for a period of weeks, Taysom will start.

I think I'm leaning towards above as well. I honestly thought Winston would be the starter and was shocked when they named Taysom as it appears (at least to me) that his release and footwork need....a lot of work....but I trust SP. I also think Taysom may be having really good practice performances....

Why can't people just admit they don't like a player and thats why they don't want them to play. We can all cherry pick past numbers. Since Taysom really has no pro stats should he not get a chance because of his college stats, 43 touchdowns to 32 interceptions, but whats real telling is it took 4 years to throw 43 tds. My mistake 5 years

Remember just a few weeks ago when Drew had a rough start and people called his career over?
Never a good idea to jump to conclusions on such small sample sizes (that goes for both JW& TH)
More than likely TH is getting the nod bc he’s had much more time with playbook and SP has had off seasons to develop TH wrinkles that a division opponent has not seen

Teddy inherited a game we were behind in, Jameis only needed to husband a comfortable lead. Plus, Teddy was a lot colder than Jameis, two years colder, and less experienced than Jameis.

I guess I sound negative but I'm only saying why I think they benched him for Taysom when everyone was certain Jameis would get the call.
Did Winston really get benched?

I think the prevailing thought here is Winston only went in because our gameplan was not meant for what we will be doing with Taysom today.

Now with an entire week of practicing with the starters and a offense designed around Taysom's strengths, here we are.

According to Aikman relaying a conversation he had with SP at the start of the season is that Winston would go in if Brees went down in a game and Hill would get the start if Brees missed a game. SP had stated that Hill was the next QB of the Saints. He has been true to his word. He is not starting because he of the money, he is being paid because this was the plan all along. That play in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with the decision. (unless you think Aikman is telling a flat out lie).

---

Sometimes a pic just tells the tale. But Sean knows what Jameis can do...its why Jameis is here. Jameis was looking at his tablet and drinking water in 4th with game blown all the way out, letting Brees get garbage yards and points.
We were a 3rd and 11 stop away from getting the ball back with nearly 3 minutes to go in that game. Then we let Fitzmagic run for a first down like he was Lamar Jackson.

Not sure what game you were watching.

Jameis swept Atlanta in what 15 or 16, and almost swept them last year. He was driving down to beat them in OT to sweep them last year, threw a P6. It was close. This guy knows Atlanta, and how to beat them, badly...and you not starting him....with SP and our weapons...makes no damn sense...

Here is where I am with it...after much thought. Sean knows Taysom is not a NFL level passer, but he did promise Taysom a shot, when he signed the contract. Sean is telling Jameis to just relax and let's watch this to see if Taysom lives up to his desires.

If there are more logical takes, open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom