This why Jameis is not starting (1 Viewer)

Did Winston really get benched?

I think the prevailing thought here is Winston only went in because our gameplan was not meant for what we will be doing with Taysom today.

Now with an entire week of practicing with the starters and a offense designed around Taysom's strengths, here we are.

exactly. He didn’t get benched. I’ve seen that a few times on National shows. It’s just not the case.

Terrible take. It is sad how much some of you hate Jameis and act like him coming here was because nobody else wanted him vs he wanted to learn form one of the all time greats and Payton. Reality is he turned the ball over not once and helped team get 10 more points. And he has been a consummate team player. Stop crapping on him. He is a Saint and deserves better from a lot of you.

With options like AK & D Harris, there's alot more checking down in this offense. This alone would bring down JW's INT totals if he ever gets to start for us

RPO qbs destroy bad teams. That's the simple answer to why he's getting the start. Kamara makes this especially bad because we can line up in a traditional set then flex him out into the slot leaving the middle of ybe field open with Taysom having the option to go for an easy 5-10 and slide.

Teddy had played the majority of four pre-season games about a month prior to the Rams game under the tutelage of the Saints coaching staff with a number of starters on the field. Plus he’d had about eight more months to learn the playbook. Winston had no such opportunity this year. It cuts both ways.
I didn’t even think about the no pre season this year. I’m sure that was part of the decision since Hill has had more time with the team.

With options like AK & D Harris, there's alot more checking down in this offense. This alone would bring down JW's INT totals if he ever gets to start for us
He should have had one in the 11 pass attempts but the 49ers dropped it. That's why you saw Taysom finish up the game. Sean had seen enough. And on that play guess who was open in the flat? Kamara.

Then he recklessly held the ball running with it inside the 5 on another drive, lucky not to fumble it. Plus 2 sacks in only 13 dropbacks.

Such a small sample size and we saw why no one signed this guy this off season.

He maybe undisciplined, or he maybe a victim of what his previous offenses called for. Constant vertical attacking. And the more deep passes u throw, the more chances of INTs increasing

And his bad eyes couldn'tve made the issue any better. BTW let's not totally disregard that passing for 30 TDs & over 5000 yrds in the freaking NFL with imperfect vision is quite an impressive feat in itself
It’s not impressive when it’s 1 step forward, 1 step back and you end up in the same place lol. Turning the ball over for every score gets you nowhere.
30 tds 5000 yards is just a moral victory for blowing games all season with game changing turnovers. We aren’t the falcons where that is praised

All locker room politics aside I like both players; J.Winston and T.Hill.

However, I just finished watching last week's game against the 9ers. Winston targeted Michael Thomas five times with only one completion. Winston was way-way off on those passes, they were not just-missed-him-by-that-much throws. If you can't hit MT13, one of the very best receivers in the game today, then who are you going to pass the ball to?!? So, Taysom gets the nod today.

Now show Jamie’s actually throw to the out pattern on one of Payton’s more common route concepts. A play Beees hasn’t completed in 5 years. And Hill had never completed.

We all have confirmation biases. This is one of them.

Look @ it this way...JW nearly turned the ball over @ the QB position but TH actually did. And he did it @ a crucial point when we were tryna lock the game up. So by ur logic, TH shouldn't be starting today
Except that he did it as a running back on a called run.

Terrible take. It is sad how much some of you hate Jameis and act like him coming here was because nobody else wanted him vs he wanted to learn form one of the all time greats and Payton. Reality is he turned the ball over not once and helped team get 10 more points. And he has been a consummate team player. Stop crapping on him. He is a Saint and deserves better from a lot of you.
Literally nobody wanted him.

We signed him on April 28. A full 6 weeks after free agency started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom