This why Jameis is not starting (2 Viewers)

Look @ it this way...JW nearly turned the ball over @ the QB position but TH actually did. And he did it @ a crucial point when we were tryna lock the game up. So by ur logic, TH shouldn't be starting today
Dude we get it. You don’t like hill. But guess what. Winston has made a career of stupid interceptions and bad losses.

Teddy had started 29 games and had been benched with an injury and had not played for two years when he was called upon to replace Drew.

Jameis has 70 starts and there were no missing injury seasons between his last start and being called upon to replace Drew.

Bridgewater was back longer then 8 games and had off season with saints before. I thought Winston was going to get the Nod, Maybe Payton liked Hill been in offense longer. I personally dont care who starts but Winston shouldn't get flack for 8 minutes of offense. If Winston throws 3 touchdowns i feel it would just be as bad to call him the goat.

It was not a good performance by Winston. He had the back wide open in the flat on that play, but threw into triple coverage. He also started looking confused and taking sacks, and missed CGM twice for what should have been a touchdown either time. But I think Payton was going to go with Taysom regardless of Winston's performance b/c that was always the plan. Payton told Aikman he would replace Drew with Winston in game if Drew had to go out b/c the game plan would simply not be suitable for Taysom's strengths. Winston, like Drew, is more of a pocket passer, unlike Taysom. With an entire week to game plan and install for Taysom, he is going with Taysom against Atlanta. Pretty simple, really, and not a mystery.

Dude we get it. You don’t like hill. But guess what. Winston has made a career of stupid interceptions and bad losses.
DUDE, not everyone who says something negative about Taysom "doesn't like hill" but since everyone LOVES to state the 30 picks against jameis, again I point out, Hill’s last significant starts were in college, 43 touchdowns and 32 picks over 5 years.

DUDE, not everyone who says something negative about Taysom "doesn't like hill" but since everyone LOVES to state the 30 picks against jameis, again I point out, Hill’s last significant starts were in college, 43 touchdowns and 32 picks over 5 years.
DUDE let’s chat after the game. Who dat

Jameis likes to take chances in hopes certain defenders are not alert enough, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. Thus you get 30/30.

I actually believe he mimics drew in that regard, but not good enough to have it work like Drew does.

DUDE let’s chat after the game. Who dat
Grow the **** up. I didnt say he was going to lose the game, i hope he does great. I simply pointed out that not everyone hates him. Are you 13? If you're older, I wouldn't admit it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible take. It is sad how much some of you hate Jameis and act like him coming here was because nobody else wanted him vs he wanted to learn form one of the all time greats and Payton. Reality is he turned the ball over not once and helped team get 10 more points. And he has been a consummate team player. Stop crapping on him. He is a Saint and deserves better from a lot of you.

" nobody else wanted him"

You are partly correct.

Didn't he also tush for a couple of TDs? ;)

Show me where I said he could not throw or rush for a td. Show me where I said he he was a bad quarterback? As a matter of fact I can quote myself where I said I hoped he had a great game. I simply stated stats because that is what everyone quoted against Winston. So please show me where I was wrong.

Sometimes a pic just tells the tale. But Sean knows what Jameis can do...its why Jameis is here. Jameis was looking at his tablet and drinking water in 4th with game blown all the way out, letting Brees get garbage yards and points.

Fitzpatrick was the qb in that game. Do you really know football or are you a troll?

If Taysom throws the ball 10 times I’d be really surprised if he doesn’t throw at least one hilariously bad pass. The reasons for him starting are 1) more time in the system, 2) he’s a beast RPO QB, and 3) at least some level of obligation by Payton.

The pass that hit the defender's helmet was hilarious. But I think he was well past 10 throws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom