This will get y'all fired up, thank ya Chris Rose... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pure awesome...

http://www.nola.com/rose/index.ssf/2009/10/new_york_jets_fans_and_media_t.html

Time for a little New York Jets Who Dat smackdown
By Chris Rose
October 02, 2009, 2:00AM

No respect, man.

You could see it coming a mile away: Now that the Saints are 3-0, the cocksure prognosticators, pundits and fanboys of the New York sports scene have come to the conclusion that the Bless You Boys are an as-yet unproven entity this NFL season and that's because our schedule thus far has been "soft" and we have not faced any real competition (read: the brawny, battle-ready teams from New York City).

The Times-PicayuneThe Saints next two contenders are New York teams: Jets and Giants.Well, what do you know! The Saints next two games are against the New York Jets and the New York Giants. And the ever-bilious commentary emanating from their hometown blogosphere and talk-radio yak-athons suggests that only at the conclusion of these games can the Saints be measured as legitimate contenders.

hahaah niiiiiiiiiiiiiice....i cant wait till we are 5-0 baby!! :0056::0056::0056:

I'm not a big fan of bandwagonners, if that's what he is--but I love this line:

"Please return your quarterback to his upright and locked position"

How can any Saints fan not love the idea of his (or her) team getting more sacks? Especially against a New York team? I'm just sayin' . . .

Chris Rose is no bandwagoner. Try to look up the archives on nola.com and you can see he has written a lot of very good pieces on the Saints. This is another recent one. But as always with Rose you need to read the entire piece and not just the first few paragraphs because they can be misleading.

http://www.nola.com/rose/index.ssf/2009/09/who_dat_talkin_bout_goin_to_th.html

I swore I was going to keep it real this week. Not fall into the trap of speculation. Things fall apart. The center cannot hold. When otherwise impartial observers start using "Saints" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence, it's a world gone mad and I'll be no part of it. It is my professional obligation to maintain a healthy, nearly clinical, emotional distance from the subjects I write about

Last paragraph

So I'm staying the course. Easy does it. Taking it one day at a time. Not counting my chickens. Not eating my cheese. And I'm clearing my calendar for January, canceling all appointments and booking a flight to Miami.
Because this is the year.
Our time has come.
And anyone who says otherwise is nothing but a squirrel.

Good article!! I liked the line "We've sucked with panache." True, we always did so with most excellent post-game press conferences (thank you Jim Mora) and true fumble-fests. We found more ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory than France at war.

But we do not suck this year, and I hope tomorrow proves to be a true measure of the Saints season. The team will be fired up to be back in the Dome. Y'all drink a couple for us out-of-towners who can't be there!! See you at the Saints/cowboys game!!!

"I swore I was going to keep it real this week. Not fall into the trap of speculation. Things fall apart. The center cannot hold. When otherwise impartial observers start using "Saints" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence, it's a world gone mad and I'll be no part of it."

When England surrendered to Washington's army at Yorktown, the song the English band played as Cornwallis' army marched out of it's fortifications was "The World Turned Upside Down" :hihi:

Chris Rose has been writing for the Times-Picayune for years. He loves the Saints & the city of New Orleans so much, almost to a fault.

How can one walk away from reading that article thinking he is not a SAINTS fan? You have to understand his writing style first, it's laced with sarcasm. That's what's funny. N/S related though, "One Dead in the Attic" by Rose is a great read that shows he is NOLA thru and thru despite being from Mid America originally.

Attention!! Your attention please!!

After this Sunday the NY Jets will be known as the New York Nyets and the other NY football team will be known as the Midgets.

That is all.....

Win Trousers Win!!!!!!! :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom