This will get y'all fired up, thank ya Chris Rose... (1 Viewer)

I'm not a big fan of bandwagonners, if that's what he is--but I love this line:

"Please return your quarterback to his upright and locked position"

How can any Saints fan not love the idea of his (or her) team getting more sacks? Especially against a New York team? I'm just sayin' . . .

...And there are emergency exits located fore and aft of the endzones...

I like Chris Rose but this is a stretch.

I haven't heard any experts picking the Jets over the Saints. Everybody who knows anything about the NFL is saying the Saints are for real. Nobody is saying that we haven't "beaten anybody" yet.

Wins and Philly and Buffalo are tough wins and we have gotten mad props.

I like Chris Rose but this is a stretch.

I haven't heard any experts picking the Jets over the Saints. Everybody who knows anything about the NFL is saying the Saints are for real. Nobody is saying that we haven't "beaten anybody" yet.

Wins and Philly and Buffalo are tough wins and we have gotten mad props.

He's refering to the New York media specificly rather than the national media in general.

How can one walk away from reading that article thinking he is not a SAINTS fan? You have to understand his writing style first, it's laced with sarcasm. That's what's funny. N/S related though, "One Dead in the Attic" by Rose is a great read that shows he is NOLA thru and thru despite being from Mid America originally.

Yep. Just what I was thinking.

For all those who think Chris Rose is not a BIG Saints fan, and is just bandwagoning, YOU MUST NOT BE FROM HERE! This guy writes in OUR local newspaper and has been writing articles on the Saints for years.

By the way, in case you didn't know, he is not a sports writer. He writes regular columns in the LIVING section.

Great article. He pretty much hits the nail on the head regarding the East Rutherford Giants and Jets. And I'm not insulting East Rutherford, either. For one thing, there are at least two terrific restaurants there (Cafe Capri as well as the Park and Orchard).

hey SaintBeau You or somebody should make a sign in the dome with that quote and display it after every sack! "Please return your quarterback to his upright and locked position" Priceless. I wish I could be there and carry that sign.

Rose is a yankee from Maryland. Before Katrina, he wrote high brow pieces on how much lint Britney Spears had in her navel. After Katrina, he wallowed in the misery of sacrificing his refrigerator.
I have seen more than enough to know who CRose is, thank you.

Rose is a yankee from Maryland. Before Katrina, he wrote high brow pieces on how much lint Britney Spears had in her navel. After Katrina, he wallowed in the misery of sacrificing his refrigerator.
I have seen more than enough to know who CRose is, thank you.

He has lived and worked in New Orleans since the mid 80s. But still just labeled a "yankee from Maryland?" And that "wallowing in the misery of sacrificing his refrigerator" was nominated for a pultizer.

At least give the man some credit even if you don't like or understand satire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom