This woman better never go to Popeyes (2 Viewers)

Then that policy cost them a customer.
My mom was one that would eat a fresh steak straight out of a fridge. Whenever we could afford to go out to eat (not often) she would tell the waiter/waitress to have them throw it on the grill for as short a time as they can get away with. She was happy if it came out with slightly browned grill marks. If it didn't then the next time we went to that restaurant she would just order a salad bar if they had good shrimp in it.

It is an attempt to make sure that you get it cooked the way you like it. But I get your side as well. They are also big about waiters sitting down. I like the food there and their wings. I don't go there for a steak though. If I want a nice steak I go to a steak house.

I used to know the owner of a Lebanese restaurant and Kibbeh Nayeh is awesome (Lebanese steak tartare)

I almost had a rage moment the other day at popeyes on vets past bonnabel. I had to correct the lady 5 times when she kept saying 16-piece when ordering an 8-piece and then kept telling me my total before ordering any side items, that happened 4 times. How can you be this bad at your job? When I got my order, they missed on the mash potatoes, tried to give me an extra box of fries. Needless to say, I held up the line another 10minutes as they corrected the order. After all of that, when I got home and opened the box of chicken, I saw the most pathetic pieces of chicken I've ever received from popyeyes in my life. This was probably top 2 in the worst experiences I ever had going through a drive thru. I'm only going to popeyes for sandwiches in the future, they've continued to go down hill recently, plus they removed way too many side items.
Why is it when I go to Chick-Fil-A and Cane’s, I am actually dealing with a better quality fast food worker? Do these two franchises just do a better job of evaluating potential employees? I have NEVER gotten a wrong order from either one of these two fast food restaurants. And when I have asked for condiments outside of the norm, those are always correct as well.

Yet I'll always be grateful to Outback just for being open after Katrina (the one on Veterans close to the parish line).
Close to the parish line? They must have moved after Katrina, because they are in the heart of Metairie. No where near the parish line. And I have been living in the Metairie area since well before Katrina.

Maybe they redefined the Orleans/East Jefferson Parish boundary and I am just oblivious? I mean, I have no idea.

I doubt that anybody goes to Popeye's for the service.
Certainly not for the service, just the same. Last time I went to a Popeyes, I needed a translator for the english language. I could understand it was english, but they were slinging some english words with a twist to them that I was not quite sure of and if I my order was going to be correct or not. It was so bad when the order taker was repeating my order, I was just like; “Yeah, the order seems right”. Of course when I got my order, it was not. Never been back to eat Popeyes since. Sloppy franchise. That’s been 15+ years ago.

Why is it when I go to Chick-Fil-A and Cane’s, I am actually dealing with a better quality fast food worker? Do these two franchises just do a better job of evaluating potential employees? I have NEVER gotten a wrong order from either one of these two fast food restaurants. And when I have asked for condiments outside of the norm, those are always correct as well.
“better quality fast food worker”
😬

I have never had bad service at Chic fi let, heck I don't believe they have even messed up one of my orders.
Sure and a discussion about the qualitative difference in corporate culture would certainly be germane
But a hierarchical assessment of the ‘quality’ of actual people is a bit too 19th century for my liking

It's just food in an already overfed country. It's no excuse to treat another with unkindness or to have nasty thoughts about.

Last edited:
Sure and a discussion about the qualitative difference in corporate culture would certainly be germane
But a hierarchical assessment of the ‘quality’ of actual people is a bit too 19th century for my liking

I think it's a mix of corporate culture and hiring practices. The screening process and training both matter. But Popeyes really does have a corporate culture problem. Their service is bad in a lot of locations, so to me it's less a people problem than a system problem.

Wife worked for Chick-fil-A for a bit at a location here. I actually got to witness their training because I had to interpret for her. Their training is thorough and well done. Really a well oiled machine and much better than other restaurants I've worked at in the past.

this ^^

those with thumbed noses can continue receiving bad service/product elsewhere

Never had a bad customer service experience at Chick-fil-A or Cane’s either.

Sonic, on the other hand, can NEVER seem to get my wife's order correct.
No matter what Sonic we go to in the Southeastern US...they never get it right.
And it's very simple: No pickles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom