This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] (1 Viewer)

I’m fine with giving Jameis a shot next season. Darnold is terrible. Taysom hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy.

If anything, Winston hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy. He started for multiple seasons and never led his team (which had talent on offense) to the post season...

It’s inaccurate to state that “Taysom hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy” when he’s never taken even 2 consecutive snaps at QB in a real game!

I agree, but I doubt Winston could beat out Dak. Dak will be our qb.

Even with the injury I don't see him signing for anything less than $30M per year. On a long term deal that could be structured to a 1st year hit of around $15M. Add that to the $22.6M for Brees if he retires and Hills $16.16M you get $53.76 on just QB's and only have 2 on the roster. Just can't see that happening.

Assuming Brees retires.... Winston gets a shot. Believe that!
And donkeys can fly. Do you even watch Saints games, to see Winston on the sidelines at times? The guy has no headset on, no clipboard charting plays called. Totally out of the game. He was brought here for ONE year as an obscure insurance policy; PERIOD! End of story. If Brees were to get injured, who do you think would be called upon? Winston? P L E A S E!!! 🙄

And with that, you honestly believe, Winston is going to get a shot next year? Guy had so many balls hitting the ground during training camp, they had to get new balls each practice. He was wearing the leather off the balls!!!

And donkeys can fly. Do you even watch Saints games, to see Winston on the sidelines at times? The guy has no headset on, no clipboard charting plays called. Totally out of the game. He was brought here for ONE year as an obscure insurance policy; PERIOD! End of story. If Brees were to get injured, who do you think would be called upon? Winston? P L E A S E!!! 🙄

And with that, you honestly believe, Winston is going to get a shot next year? Guy had so many balls hitting the ground during training camp, they had to get new balls each practice. He was wearing the leather off the balls!!!

You can be mad about it all you want. We don't have another option and you are a fool if you think Hill is. Jamies has never had an oline and a run game. As much as.you may hate him, he gets a shot. Accept it. :)

If anything, Winston hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy. He started for multiple seasons and never led his team (which had talent on offense) to the post season...

It’s inaccurate to state that “Taysom hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy” when he’s never taken even 2 consecutive snaps at QB in a real game!
You're talking about Tampa. How can you claim he can't be an every-down guy? His problem has been limiting turnovers but Taysom has never started a regular-season game at QB.
I've said it before, both guys have something to prove. At this point, the only advantage has is that he knows the system.

For those asking who Mac Jones is-

Oh, of course, the annual 'Alabama is on national TV every Saturday rolling over college teams, so their QB must be great' thread.

Who are the All Pro and HoF Bama QBs of the past four decades again? Which Bama QBs are cemented at starter currently? Basically there's Tua (2 career pass attempts) or you're looking back at Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler and Joe Namath.

I don't have beef with Bama by the way, just the way people see a team over and over on TV and think they must be the best at everything.

Oh, of course, the annual 'Alabama is on national TV every Saturday rolling over college teams, so their QB must be great' thread.

Who are the All Pro and HoF Bama QBs of the past four decades again? Which Bama QBs are cemented at starter currently? Basically there's Tua (2 career pass attempts) or you're looking back at Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler and Joe Namath.

I don't have beef with Bama by the way, just the way people see a team over and over on TV and think they must be the best at everything.
No offense but it seems like you do have a bias against Bama. If he was on your team you’dbe touting him highly. Not really sure what Bama’s history with qbs has to do with Mac. That’s like saying Burrow is destined to suck bc every 1st overall pick at qb from lsu is a bust in the nfl. Which Bama’s history of nfl qbs is better than lsu anyway.

You obviously haven’t watched him play this season. He’s extremely accurate and throws an outstanding deep ball.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom