This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] (1 Viewer)

No offense but it seems like you do have a bias against Bama. If he was on your team you’dbe touting him highly. Not really sure what Bama’s history with qbs has to do with Mac. That’s like saying Burrow is destined to suck bc every 1st overall pick at qb from lsu is a bust in the nfl. Which Bama’s history of nfl qbs is better than lsu anyway.

You obviously haven’t watched him play this season. He’s extremely accurate and throws an outstanding deep ball.
Oh it's ok, I'm used to to these little arguments, having seen them all before. I don't have any favourite or hated college teams to spend more or less time obsessing about.

I do have time to observe, however, that every year without fail, people see the Alabama juggernaut on their TVs several times a year and someone rushes here to tell us, in no uncertain terms, how their current QB is 'the answer'.

So you'll have to accept a certain amount of reservation and scepticism about your wide eyed enthusiasm for the latest signal caller to roll off the Crimson Tide production line, a football factory best known for annually producing stud NFL players at every position except QB.

Best of luck to Mac and wherever life after college football takes him.

Or he's suggesting that Winston is currently paid under market value. Or do you seriously think his market value was 1 million dollars?
If that's what the market was willing to pay, then yes. The evidence is undeniable, the market price is always, always what the market will bear. Jameis will hope to rehabilitate his value and find himself more wanted on the open market next offseason.

If that's what the market was willing to pay, then yes. The evidence is undeniable, the market price is always, always what the market will bear. Jameis will hope to rehabilitate his value and find himself more wanted on the open market next offseason.
You are completely missing the point. I don't think I can help you see it. I'll give you a hint though. Try make a list of all nfl backup QB's earning less money than jameis...

You are completely missing the point. I don't think I can help you see it. I'll give you a hint though. Try make a list of all nfl backup QB's earning less money than jameis...
No I'm not, but thanks for your kind attempt at patronising me.

You're making the classic mistake of applying your false internal valuation of a player to actual, demonstrated market forces. You may think a player is worth x, but if no one was willing to pay more than y, then said player's market value is indeed y.

It's the same in football, used car showrooms, mergers and acquisitions or at your local yard sale.

But fear not, market value can go up as well as down 😎

No thanks. My realistic options for QB next season if Drew plans on retiring, but with two options I wouldn’t mind Drew coming back to help teach his successor for a season.

Option 1: Sign Jameis Winston. He would have a year under the system learning from Drew and that’s what I want if that can be an option.

Option 2: Trade for Sam Darnold when the Jets get the top pick to take Trevor Lawrence. Or whatever QB starter that ends up with the 1st or 2nd pick. I wouldn’t want Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Carsen Wentz, or Dwayne Haskins. The Bengals, Chargers, and Texans would likely not select a QB cause all 3 of their QBs have potential or already really good like Deshaun Watson. So with those 3 teams the 1st or 2nd pick would be available for trade, but the price would be extremely high. I think nothing is too much for Trevor Lawrence as he’s one of the best QB prospects to ever come out of college IMO. Now I would have a hard time trading too much for Justin Fields even though I think he has the chance to be a Deshaun Watson type of QB in the NFL. I don’t think I would want Mathew Stafford since he’s not a young QB anymore & has had some recent injury concerns. I know for damn sure I wouldn’t want Matt Ryan either due to his age and he’s a FailClown lol. I may make a move for Gardner Minshew if the price is extremely right.

Option 3: Trade up for Trey Lance unless he falls to our draft pick depending on how our season turns out.

Option 4: Sign a better free agent than Jameis Winston to battle Taysom Hill for the starting spot.

Option 5: Draft a QB in the second round to likely be the backup to Taysom until he’s ready to go. Or Drew if comes back. As of right now Mac Jones doesn’t fit in that scenario. Guys like Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask and maybe Kellen Mond would fit that spot. Mac Jones, Sam Ehlinger, Brock Purdy, & KJ Costello would be guys to look at in the 3rd or later.
Mr. 6-Picks Costello?? You're kidding right?

No I'm not, but thanks for your kind attempt at patronising me.

You're making the classic mistake of applying your false internal valuation of a player to actual, demonstrated market forces. You may think a player is worth x, but if no one was willing to pay more than y, then said player's market value is indeed y.

It's the same in football, used car showrooms, mergers and acquisitions or at your local yard sale.

But fear not, market value can go up as well as down 😎
And you know what everyone of the other 31 teams were willing to pay? Mind sharing your list?

Oh it's ok, I'm used to to these little arguments, having seen them all before. I don't have any favourite or hated college teams to spend more or less time obsessing about.

I do have time to observe, however, that every year without fail, people see the Alabama juggernaut on their TVs several times a year and someone rushes here to tell us, in no uncertain terms, how their current QB is 'the answer'.

So you'll have to accept a certain amount of reservation and scepticism about your wide eyed enthusiasm for the latest signal caller to roll off the Crimson Tide production line, a football factory best known for annually producing stud NFL players at every position except QB.

Yeah... that Tua guy is no good. Oh wait

And you know what everyone of the other 31 teams were willing to pay? Mind sharing your list?
By the same token, you know that a single one of the other 31 teams offered him more than £1m? Mind sharing your list?

This is a fun game.

Market forces don't get simpler than this. His market value is what he was able to get on the open market.

You're not going to change this mind. Or how economics work. But you have a good day now.

Again, history bares no relevance with Jones and his ability. The stats he’s thrown up put him at the top so far this season. No other Bama qb has had the start that he has in the first 4 games. Not even Tua.

What about Aaron Rogers next year? I think he wants out of Green Bay

He signed a new 4 year+ deal this year. Not happening.
Honestly, I felt they threw that much money at him specifically to keep him from coming to the Saints next season. Shame, too. Under Payton, he'd be an absolute beast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom