This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] (1 Viewer)

But we need to draft Mac Jones to replace Drew. That is if he will be available as a late first. Which if he continues this season like he is, he definitely won’t. But go get him anyway.
I don't have an issue with Mac-10 but like the kid out of BYU. Zach Wilson

No thanks. My realistic options for QB next season if Drew plans on retiring, but with two options I wouldn’t mind Drew coming back to help teach his successor for a season.

Option 1: Sign Jameis Winston. He would have a year under the system learning from Drew and that’s what I want if that can be an option.

Option 2: Trade for Sam Darnold when the Jets get the top pick to take Trevor Lawrence. Or whatever QB starter that ends up with the 1st or 2nd pick. I wouldn’t want Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Carsen Wentz, or Dwayne Haskins. The Bengals, Chargers, and Texans would likely not select a QB cause all 3 of their QBs have potential or already really good like Deshaun Watson. So with those 3 teams the 1st or 2nd pick would be available for trade, but the price would be extremely high. I think nothing is too much for Trevor Lawrence as he’s one of the best QB prospects to ever come out of college IMO. Now I would have a hard time trading too much for Justin Fields even though I think he has the chance to be a Deshaun Watson type of QB in the NFL. I don’t think I would want Mathew Stafford since he’s not a young QB anymore & has had some recent injury concerns. I know for damn sure I wouldn’t want Matt Ryan either due to his age and he’s a FailClown lol. I may make a move for Gardner Minshew if the price is extremely right.

Option 3: Trade up for Trey Lance unless he falls to our draft pick depending on how our season turns out.

Option 4: Sign a better free agent than Jameis Winston to battle Taysom Hill for the starting spot.

Option 5: Draft a QB in the second round to likely be the backup to Taysom until he’s ready to go. Or Drew if comes back. As of right now Mac Jones doesn’t fit in that scenario. Guys like Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask and maybe Kellen Mond would fit that spot. Mac Jones, Sam Ehlinger, Brock Purdy, & KJ Costello would be guys to look at in the 3rd or later.

Last edited:
He would have to be re-signed first and I doubt he comes as cheap as he did this year.

You act like him warming the bench all season will magically increase his market value, Winston has no leverage. The only reason Teddy got as good of a deal as he did was because he played for five games.

You act like him warming the bench all season will magically increase his market value, Winston has no leverage. The only reason Teddy got as good of a deal as he did was because he played for five games.
Or he's suggesting that Winston is currently paid under market value. Or do you seriously think his market value was 1 million dollars?

No thanks. My realistic options for QB next season if Drew plans on retiring, but with two options I wouldn’t mind Drew coming back to help teach his successor for a season.

Option 1: Sign Jameis Winston. He would have a year under the system learning from Drew and that’s what I want if that can be an option.

Option 2: Trade for Sam Darnold when the Jets get the top pick to take Trevor Lawrence. Or whatever QB starter that ends up with the 1st or 2nd pick. I wouldn’t want Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Carsen Wentz, or Dwayne Haskins. The Bengals, Chargers, and Texans would likely not select a QB cause all 3 of their QBs have potential or already really good like Deshaun Watson. So with those 3 teams the 1st or 2nd pick would be available for trade, but the price would be extremely high. I think nothing is too much for Trevor Lawrence as he’s one of the best QB prospects to ever come out of college IMO. Now I would have a hard time trading too much for Justin Fields even though I think he has the chance to be a Deshaun Watson type of QB in the NFL. I don’t think I would want Mathew Stafford since he’s not a young QB anymore & has had some recent injury concerns. I know for damn sure I wouldn’t want Matt Ryan either due to his age and he’s a FailClown lol. I may make a move for Gardner Minshew if the price is extremely right.

Option 3: Trade up for Trey Lance unless he falls to our draft pick depending on how our season turns out.

Option 4: Sign a better free agent than Jameis Winston to battle Taysom Hill for the starting spot.

Option 5: Draft a QB in the second round to likely be the backup to Taysom until he’s ready to go. Or Drew if comes back. As of right now Mac Jones doesn’t fit in that scenario. Guys like Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask and maybe Kellen Mond would fit that spot. Mac Jones, Sam Ehlinger, Brock Purdy, & KJ Costello would be guys to look at in the 3rd or later.
I’m fine with giving Jameis a shot next season. Darnold is terrible. Taysom hasn’t shown the ability to be an every down guy.

Assuming Brees retires.... Winston gets a shot. Believe that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom