This year feels different..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't know what it is.

I know we are still giving up 30 plus points, but something is different.

Drew is on fire. Two 400 yard games. Our WRs are so young and clearly Drew trusts all 3.

Our OL is keeping him clean, big time. Even with injuries, we are jelling on the OL.

Our new TE started shaky, and he's getting more comfortable each week. Our old friend Josh Hill gets healthy and is big time in his first game back.

The energy is evident. Four 30+ point games out of five.

Even our kicker has united the black and gold. Finally not a retread, we've got a youngster who we got lucky to get, but hits a 53 yard game winner in his 5th games. And it's his 3rd 50+ yarder. We have a keeper.

And we have a punt returner. Another youth injection, TommyLee is so exciting in his first game.

But offense has always been there, it's the D that has caused us fits.

Even though we have given up some huge points, the energy is different. Two of the 30 point games were results of a tired 4th quarter.....which is understandable with as many backups that are forced to play.

Injuries have been insanely bad, and we have withstood them and are starting to get some guys back.

We've even kept ourselves alive with a 2-3 start......with clear brighter days coming up in the next few weeks. And we are one "uncatchable" call away from being 3-2 and right in the middle of the hunt.

Most importantly, though, is the defensive backfield and coaching of Aaron Glenn. Crawley, Webb, Moore, Harris......if I told you these unknown guys would be going toe to toe with Julio, Cooper, Odell and Benjamin......well it's turned out surprisingly well.

And with our free agent bad moves.....seeing Nick Fairley, Craig Robertson and Nate Stupar ball out has been awesome.

Our draft class of Rankins, Bell, Thomas, Oneynata and Lasco is looking really strong.

And this experience is only going to help when Breaux and Rankins come back strong.

Today was glorious in the Dome. 2 wins in a row. Defense leads the win late last week, offense and special teams leads the win late this week.

Last year we started 1-4, this year 2-3, and there's just something that feels different about this group. The effort and energy level is.....well you can just feel that we are headed in the right direction.

Again, just my opinion :hihi:

I agree brother... I am ecstatic about this season! We will have D Breaux back soon as well as Rankins. Ellerbe im still not sure about, but if we can get all three of those guys on the field again, it will give us some hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree I felt team is headed the right direction. A
Nd with the cap coming next year I feel this season is exciting to see

I love this team. Let's just play it out, give it our best and see where we stand.

Now we just have to get healthy and get Drew rolling on the road.

Defense plays well for one half and horrible in another. I see growing pains but I see some promise and good individual play. Hopefully a full game of solid defense is not too far off and once they get healthy they might actually be good !

With the way things have played out, we could be winless and it wouldn't be unexpected.

But we also are pretty damn close to being at least one win better than we are. And we are going to get Breaux, Rankins, Armstead, and Ellerbe (maybe briefly, who knows?) back at some point. Perhaps sooner than we might think.

We could actually go on a run here. Unlike certain other years, we aren't coming back from an 0-4 deficit. I know in years past, you could say we spent all our energy and effort to just get back to .500. But now, the hill to climb isn't nearly so steep. And we very much control our own destiny.

PLUS, the youth of our team as a whole means we could get better as things go along.

No JL for two games =2 wins coincidence?

Were an uncatchable PI call and a blocked FG away from 4-1 and rhe division lead.

This with a horrible injury bug.

has Lasco overtaken Hightower on depth chart? I missed some of the 3rd quarter but didnt see any Hightower today

in the past few years, they found ways to lose these types of games. now they are finding ways to win these games. that by itself is very promising. it does feel different this year. At first I thought Drew was being slightly optimistic about them being an ascending team but they are. I like the fight in this team. they need to do it for all four quarters but they are on the right track.

Were an uncatchable PI call and a blocked FG away from 4-1 and rhe division lead.

LOL, please just stop.....this is almost as nauseatingly inaccurate as what I'm hearing re: Dallas nowadays. "If Terrance Williams goes out of bounds vs. the Giants, they're undefeated". I guess it was a foregone conclusion that Dan Bailey, great as he is, was automatically gonna drill a 59 yard FG or something.

LOL, please just stop.....this is almost as nauseatingly inaccurate as what I'm hearing re: Dallas nowadays. "If Terrance Williams goes out of bounds vs. the Giants, they're undefeated". I guess it was a foregone conclusion that Dan Bailey, great as he is, was automatically gonna drill a 59 yard FG or something.

Well, maybe on the Giants loss/blocked field goal

But he's right on with the "uncatchable" interference call.

That was 4th down, under a minute, they don't get bailed out there and the game is two Drew kneel downs from being over.

Well, maybe on the Giants loss/blocked field goal

But he's right on with the "uncatchable" interference call.

That was 4th down, under a minute, they don't get bailed out there and the game is two Drew kneel downs from being over.

Yes, the Raiders game should have been a win, and SD should have been a loss. The Giants game was what it was.

We are what our record says we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom