This years cut are going to be hard (1 Viewer)

Probably Hightower given that choice, but maybe Lasco can be the backup to Ingram. It's a high quality problem for sure.

Hightower was our short-yardage back last season. However with the signing of Kuhn, that may make Hightower the odd man out. It will be interesting to see if Payton cuts him early to give him a shot to land somewhere else...or if he hangs on to him through training camp to make sure there are no injuries. It's also possible he could be traded for a low draft pick but doubt too many teams are hurting for a running back just yet.

At Fullback it's got to be Kuhn, which kinda sucks for the other guys because they all showed promise. Probably stash one on the practice squad. I'm crazy excited about Kuhn though.

4x Pro Bowler, including 2014 and 2015.

What was Green Bay thinking?

We basically got a Pro Bowler for free.

I agree completely, so much talent in camp right now.

This thread did get me thinking though. At what point in time do we start to give credit to the front office for putting us in this position? Or do we just poo poo on them the next time a draft pick is used for something other than drafting a player.

Imagine if we had 3 more picks, what other space would be available for some of the UDFA guys we would love to see stick around?

I thought we would have some tough cuts as well, but when I actually look at the roster it doesn't look all that bad IMO.

We will keep 3 QBs unless Grayson out plays McCown BIG TIME the rest of preseason
We will likely keep 4 RBs, I think Hightower & Cadet won't make it. That will likely be one of the toughest spots
We will keep 5 WRs and I don't think the 6th guy will be all that worthy.
I think we may just keep 7 offensive lineman. Have we kept 9 guys before? I don't ever recall keeping that many. 8 is the natural amount most teams would keep on average with one center, one guard, and one tackle. If you have a guard that can play center, then 7 would be ideal.
We likely keep 3 TEs
We keep 1 fullback (Kuhn)

4-5 DEs - not sure Tull or Tapp will be that tough a cut
5 DTs - think all 5 of those guys are safe
6 LBs - don't see who will take Mauti's spot(6th) as of now
6 CBs - I think Crawley(currently 6th) will make it unless Finnegan looks great or they like Dixon's special teams play more or Pruitt outshines him
5 Ss - I think Harris makes the team as the 5th guy easy right now.

The toughest may be kicker cause last year bit us when we picked the wrong kicker. I wanted Hopkins and don't know what coach was smoking that day..lol

Kid reminds me of Cooks, but with a little more shake and tackle breaking ability. I'm going right now to check his 40 time. :hihi:

PRO DAY: 4.5 40, 10' broad jump. Definitely has live legs.

Honestly imagined his forty being 2/10ths of a second faster

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom