Thomas and Gray draw fines from Falcons game. (1 Viewer)

I haven't really heard much with fines being assigned to these types of penalties. I will say though, once MT grabbed the face mask, he didn't let go. That's got to be where the fine is coming from. I didn't see the roughing the punter call... So no comment on that.

They go to both.

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead go to programs for former players. The Players Association and the league have agreed to donate fine money through the NFL Foundation to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Players Assistance Trust.

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead go to programs for former players. The Players Association and the league have agreed to donate fine money through the NFL Foundation to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Players Assistance Trust.

CBA Article 46, Section 5(c) Unless otherwise agreed by the parties., fine money collected pursuant to this Article shall be allocated as follows: 50% to the Players Assistance Trust and 50% to charitable organizations jointly determined by the NFL and the NFLPA. In the absence of said joint determination, the NFL and the NFLPA shall each determine a charitable organization or organizations to which half of the second 50% shall be allocated.

Just like the CBA says, 50% of the fines collected go to the Players Assistance Trust and 50% goes to the jointly agreed upon charity organization, the NFL Player Care Foundation. The fact that that charity organization helps former players doesn't negate the fact that it is a charity organization.

That's why almost every game broadcast mentions that all fines go to the Players Assistance Trust and charity. What they fail to mention is that the charity the money goes to is also for players. The announcement is a bit disingenuous on the part of both the NFL and the NFLPA as it gives most people the false impression that some of the money gets donated to non-NFL related charities.

This is unbelievable. I will expect the DB's who knocked out JuJu Smith Shuster and the other steelers WR who had blood coming out of his ear to be assessed a steep fine.

Just like the CBA says, 50% of the fines collected go to the Players Assistance Trust and 50% goes to the jointly agreed upon charity organization, the NFL Player Care Foundation. The fact that that charity organization helps former players doesn't negate the fact that it is a charity organization.

That's why almost every game broadcast mentions that all fines go to the Players Assistance Trust and charity. What they fail to mention is that the charity the money goes to is also for players. The announcement is a bit disingenuous on the part of both the NFL and the NFLPA as it gives most people the false impression that some of the money gets donated to non-NFL related charities.

So I am guessing the NFL gets tax breaks on all of these charitable donations? So in other words, the more they fine...the more they contribute...and of course save face. All on the player's dime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom