Thomas DeCoud (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
I've never seen him play until the Senior Bowl, so I don't know too much about him.
In the workouts I saw he looked sharp, reports from Mobile seem posiitive enough, and he was alright in the game itself.
He played for Cal, and started FS. He also saw some PT as a cornerback, and is like a hybrid of both. He is also great on special teams, with 6 career blocked kicks.
NFLDC has him as the 3 rated safety
Strengths:
Very good natural athlete...Has terrific size with long arms...Does an excellent job versus the run...Physical and aggressive...Reliable tackler who can deliver the big hit...Has fluid hips to turn and run in coverage..Fantastic range...Still improving...Is versatile with experience at safety and cornerback...A outstanding special teamer.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is just average...Doesn't have great instincts..Needs to keep his pad level down...Lacks a burst to recover...Sub par hands and ball skills...He'll have to bulk up...Prone to biting on fakes...Inexperienced and is still learning the position.

Notes:
Began his college career as a cornerback and only moved to safety in 2005...Does it all on special teams (blocks kicks, covers) and could play in the league based on that skill alone...A developing prospect who still has some upside...A well-rounded player and is one of the top senior safeties available..Should at the absolute least be a top-notch backup and he definitely has the potential to start at the pro level.

6'2, 196 lbs, 4.5 forty.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15161

Is he worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd as a potential starting FS/CB Depth/Gleason esque special teams maestro?
How has he looked for the Golden Bears?

Don't know much about him, but sounds like a BEAST.

The Saints were interested in him though at the Senior Bowl.

Sounds like he might be a good 4th round pick - maybe as high as 3rd if we have a good FA period.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom