Thomas expected to miss 'multiple weeks' (1 Viewer)

AgnesT

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It will just be one big mystery as to who gets the ball on our team every single play now. Teams will have to do even more homework now
I agree with this. Other teams won't have Thomas to key in on.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
There's a middle ground to come to that is ok for us to accept, guys.

It doesn't have to be "OMG OUR SEASON IS RUINED! MIKE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!" and it doesn't have to be "LOL we're only losing arguably our best player on offense, no big deal".

It's ok to acknowledge that losing Thomas is a big blow AND that it is also not the end of the world.

Payton showed us last year he can adjust when we lost our most valuable player, he's earned our trust that he will adjust without our best offensive player.

The great thing is we have a great TEAM. So when we lose a key guy, we still have enough talent and depth to fight. Hopefully the defense continues to ascend as a top unit, hopefully our role players step up, hopefully AK peaks after getting his $ and MT going out the same way MT peaked when he got his money and AK went out, and as always, hopefully we don't stack up any more critical injuries.

Get well Mike, we're gonna need whatever you can give us come January and February, so heal up now. 🙏

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
MT still trying to play
Mike is my favorite player. I just love the DOG in him. Drew called the team warriors in the pregame huddle last Sunday, well Mike is the definition of that word. I am so glad he is a Saint.

Sitting out games is going to have him an emotional wreck lol. The man wants to be on the battleground with his teammates. We are going to have to be tough and help Mike help himself.

Anyone remember when TO had a horrible ankle injury and willed his way to play in the Super Bowl? And played great too! Mike would definitely do that. But someone needs to tell Mike this is Week 2, not the playoffs. Rest up, Mike. We need you in the postseason a helluva lot more than we need you in September.

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
This isnt the worst news in the world. We have become far too reliant on Mike. We have PLENTY of other weapons that can step up, and this forces Brees and Payton to use them and not to just look to Mike all the time in the clutch.

This may create bigger roles for some guys, and ultimately make the offense more dynamic. Im not saying its ideal, but silver lining right?

Id rather just not force anything, and develop the offense while he is out. We are already 1 game up in the division, we can get by until he comes back. Brees was out 5 weeks last year, and we went 5-0 in 5 different ways. Some ugly, some not so ugly, but 5-0 is 5-0. Payton has this.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike is my favorite player. I just love the DOG in him. Drew called the team warriors in the pregame huddle last Sunday, well Mike is the definition of that word. I am so glad he is a Saint.

Sitting out games is going to have him an emotional wreck lol. The man wants to be on the battleground with his teammates. We are going to have to be tough and help Mike help himself.

Anyone remember when TO had a horrible ankle injury and willed his way to play in the Super Bowl? And played great too! Mike would definitely do that. But someone needs to tell Mike this is Week 2, not the playoffs. Rest up, Mike. We need you in the postseason a helluva lot more than we need you in September.
TO was recovering from a broken leg and torn ligament in his ankle. One of the most savage actions in sports I’ve ever seen

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps #7, not MA7, LOL, could manage a slot WR, for maybe 16 plays? It is NOT, like he doesn't know the plays, or is physically incapable to perform such a task.
Coach, has already thought of this, last month.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
El Caliente Any word on Michael Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
El Caliente Yo Earl Thomas, you up? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Report: Michael Thomas eyes a Week Four return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints WR Thomas eyes Week 4 return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Packers Final injury report: Trey Hendrickson questionable, Thomas out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints WR Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out, Davante Adams doubtful for Saints-Packers clash Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints receiver Michael Thomas ruled out for the second straight week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
El Caliente Michael Thomas is out for Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Saints officially rule out Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Marcus Davenport returns to practice, Michael Thomas held out again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out of another practice Thursday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No practice for Michael Thomas, in estimation Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Who did Saints turn to without Michael Thomas? Tre'Quan Smith, Alvin Kamara and little else Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
El Caliente Michael Thomas makes this offense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Saints to have Packers doctor examine Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen ruled out for Saints at Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 42
Saints will be without both Michael Thomas and Marcus Davenport against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie LB Zack Baun expected to make NFL debut against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints miss chances, fall to Packers in primetime, 37-30 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
egautr1 Official LSU vs. Miss. St. (SEC football is here!) Collegiate Sports Board 287