Thomas expected to miss 'multiple weeks' (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is for the best b/c this is what we should have done w/ Kamara last year so he could be ready to go by the end of the year. I just wonder what several weeks mean? 3 or 4?

Tater

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a high ankle sprain and I was on crutches for 2 months. When I played any sports I had to tape my ankle where it would remain straight at all times. It was really weak.
But of course with the medical staff that they have, I am sure that they will strengthen it up pretty well.

Sean

All-Pro
Reaction score
I blame the injury on Murray. Maybe someone that knows the RB spot better than me can explain why he didn’t cut left for the end zone at 0:17 instead of trying to truck the Bucs player?? Seems like he could’ve had an easy TD but instead plays the 1 on 1 game with the defender and gets Thomas hurt. Secondly I blame Payton for not just kneeling knowing our misfortune with freak injuries, not as much as I blame Murray though
View attachment trim.13C08FC4-E316-4C28-8081-134B12FD1F00.MOV

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a high ankle sprain and I was on crutches for 2 months. When I played any sports I had to tape my ankle where it would remain straight at all times. It was really weak.
But of course with the medical staff that they have, I am sure that they will strengthen it up pretty well.
Yeah, so he'll prob miss about 4 games at the most.

Reaction score
I'm so glad we got Sanders b/c I would be so worried right now but having him puts my mind at ease. Also, I will say this if our defense plays and continues to play the way they played on Sunday, we're going to be great w/ out MT. MT coming back is just gonna be the delicious cherry on top.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I expect opposing defenses to employ bracket coverage on Sanders while forcing our lesser known receivers to beat them 1 on 1. Someone will need to step up.

The success of our passing game is going to be a group effort. I expect Drew to spread the ball around like he did before we had the best receiver in the game. I also expect Payton to come up with some very creative plays that some will consider cute or gimmicky. I also think Ty Montgomery is in an interesting spot as he brings a lot of versatility in the passing game.

I believe this is going to force Payton to get his creative juices flowing and we’ll see some innovation.

This could be good in the long run as it’ll allow other skilled players to have an opportunity to emerge. This offense was so polished with Thomas that it would have been hard to find enough touches to allow the new guys as well as the younger and less experienced guys to get some looks.

Reaction score
It's interesting b/c when Drew was out Payton coached some of his best games imo, very different style in coaching which I liked b/c he changed it up. It was when Drew came back that things got kinda hectic and Drew centric again. I feel like maybe not having MT we may see some great different coaching again and it's not that I don't think he can do that w/ Drew and MT in there it's just that Payton's plays can be seen coming from a mile away sometimes and teams have caught on to that. Like everyone is saying Sanders, Smith and Taysom will be used more but let's be honest, he'll prob gonna go back to overusing Kamara. This is what needs to change, all that talent on the offense needs to be ulitized. Not just one or two guys.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
I believe this is going to force Payton to get his creative juices flowing and we’ll see some innovation.
So more weak side tosses to Kamara and 3 yard dump offs on 3rd and 7 ?

I kid. I kid.

I’m interested to see how Payton works this. He’s already said Sunday was one of his worst ever as a play caller. He better be ready with a gem in Vegas.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MT doesn't do "standard" as I would expect sooner rather than later. However, what a great opportunity to expand the passing playbook that basically has been all MT. When Drew used to find 8 different receivers in a game we were more dynamic IMO.
Weve got more than enough weapons to catch but they need to catch it 99% of the time to replace MT.
Get well MT.

dboysaints

Rookie
Reaction score
you guys remember when we were without JOe horn during our first playoff win in history vs the Rams? I think Jackson, WR, took over the game with Aaron Brooks throwing to him. We shall overcome..it's a long season..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saintsphere Michael Thomas returns to practice; Janoris Jenkins, Jared Cook, Andrus Peat did not Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
El Caliente Any word on Michael Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
El Caliente Yo Earl Thomas, you up? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Report: Michael Thomas eyes a Week Four return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints WR Thomas eyes Week 4 return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Packers Final injury report: Trey Hendrickson questionable, Thomas out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints WR Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out, Davante Adams doubtful for Saints-Packers clash Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints receiver Michael Thomas ruled out for the second straight week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
El Caliente Michael Thomas is out for Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Saints officially rule out Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Marcus Davenport returns to practice, Michael Thomas held out again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out of another practice Thursday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No practice for Michael Thomas, in estimation Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Who did Saints turn to without Michael Thomas? Tre'Quan Smith, Alvin Kamara and little else Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
El Caliente Michael Thomas makes this offense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Saints to have Packers doctor examine Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen ruled out for Saints at Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 42
Saints will be without both Michael Thomas and Marcus Davenport against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie LB Zack Baun expected to make NFL debut against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints miss chances, fall to Packers in primetime, 37-30 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
egautr1 Official LSU vs. Miss. St. (SEC football is here!) Collegiate Sports Board 287