Thomas expected to miss 'multiple weeks' (2 Viewers)

On a serious note, Callaway is listed behind Thomas on the depth chart. It’ll be interesting how they shuffle the receivers as I don’t have a clue who is going to take his place. Thomas has been Superman up
to this point.

I get the optimism but there's no blessing anything losing your best offensive player.

All we can do is hope for the best, be very glad we have Sanders, and pray AK continues to stay healthy and he has his career year this season now.
I’m not saying its going to be easy while he‘s out, I expect our offense to struggle a little more for sure. Losing a player like Mike is never beneficial during the game, but long term when we are in the playoffs I think the experience gained may become beneficial.

Bad news but last year we were able to do ok without Brees for a few weeks. Maybe we will be ok without MT for a few weeks. Sometimes in basketball, the TEAM actually plays better when the star is out because they no longer worry about forcing the ball to the star. Hopefully the team will gel and build itself stronger for a post-season run. One can only hope.

1.) Emmanual Sanders' role will increase
2.) Trequan will need to step up
3.) Taysom will be used more as a situational receiver
4.) We've already wanted Deonte more involved and here's the perfect chance
5.) Ty Montgomery and Kamara can be used as chess pieces all over the offensive formation
6.) Jared Cook has been a great security blanket

In other words, we'll be fine....especially with Payton knowing when and how to use all these guys.

I’m not saying its going to be easy while he‘s out, I expect our offense to struggle a little more for sure. Losing a player like Mike is never beneficial during the game, but long term when we are in the playoffs I think the experience gained may become beneficial.
Hopefully. End of the day, this season has always been about Jan-Feb. Not Sept-December. So just find a way to get in the playoffs and hope we have our workhorses ready to go come January.

I think he was already injured before that play.

hmm. it's hard to say "next man up!" when the man being replaced has done more than anyone in history up to this point in his career...

but still, uh...next man up!
Funny thing is I just watched the '06 Saints vs Falcons & DB said next man up cuz Colston was out. Needless to say Drew &' em balled out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom