Thomas expected to miss 'multiple weeks' (4 Viewers)

Sucks, but at first sight it looked like it could have potentially been a 4 months missed or IR type of injury. Still a blessing that he's going to be back fairly soon. We should be okay. We've got weapons, but we're going to need them to all step up.

Y’all are delusional. We are not going to be alright with Thomas out. We may squeak out wins but it won’t be easy. Best wide receiver in the league and Drew’s favorite receiver and yall think ah well shucks we’ll be just fine without him. Give me a break. Defenses are going to clamp down even harder now on our offense. Just saying guys. Won’t say we won’t keep winning but it won’t be easy like most are making it out to be.

Saying we'll be fine is not the same as saying it will be easy. We actually have wide receivers beyond Thomas now over last year. Harris, Hill, Sanders, Fowler, Kamara.

It will just be one big mystery as to who gets the ball on our team every single play now. Teams will have to do even more homework now
I agree with this. Other teams won't have Thomas to key in on.

Jared Cook going to see lots of targets.

Yeah, I think he may be the best replacement for that role. Not a full replacement but supplemental. Hope Sanders can get into a nice flow also. Kamara will need his A-game in the passing game too.

There's a middle ground to come to that is ok for us to accept, guys.

It doesn't have to be "OMG OUR SEASON IS RUINED! MIKE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!" and it doesn't have to be "LOL we're only losing arguably our best player on offense, no big deal".

It's ok to acknowledge that losing Thomas is a big blow AND that it is also not the end of the world.

Payton showed us last year he can adjust when we lost our most valuable player, he's earned our trust that he will adjust without our best offensive player.

The great thing is we have a great TEAM. So when we lose a key guy, we still have enough talent and depth to fight. Hopefully the defense continues to ascend as a top unit, hopefully our role players step up, hopefully AK peaks after getting his $ and MT going out the same way MT peaked when he got his money and AK went out, and as always, hopefully we don't stack up any more critical injuries.

Get well Mike, we're gonna need whatever you can give us come January and February, so heal up now. 🙏

MT still trying to play
Mike is my favorite player. I just love the DOG in him. Drew called the team warriors in the pregame huddle last Sunday, well Mike is the definition of that word. I am so glad he is a Saint.

Sitting out games is going to have him an emotional wreck lol. The man wants to be on the battleground with his teammates. We are going to have to be tough and help Mike help himself.

Anyone remember when TO had a horrible ankle injury and willed his way to play in the Super Bowl? And played great too! Mike would definitely do that. But someone needs to tell Mike this is Week 2, not the playoffs. Rest up, Mike. We need you in the postseason a helluva lot more than we need you in September.

This isnt the worst news in the world. We have become far too reliant on Mike. We have PLENTY of other weapons that can step up, and this forces Brees and Payton to use them and not to just look to Mike all the time in the clutch.

This may create bigger roles for some guys, and ultimately make the offense more dynamic. Im not saying its ideal, but silver lining right?

Id rather just not force anything, and develop the offense while he is out. We are already 1 game up in the division, we can get by until he comes back. Brees was out 5 weeks last year, and we went 5-0 in 5 different ways. Some ugly, some not so ugly, but 5-0 is 5-0. Payton has this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom