Thomas expected to miss 'multiple weeks' (2 Viewers)

Dang. Figured the early reports were too good to be true. It would be tough for the offense to be worse than it was sunday with or without him.

I don't want to see a single person who is right now saying "we'll be fine" using MT as an excuse if we lose. And to the person who said we play nothing but trash cans, Oakland and Green Bay are not trash cans, especially Green Bay.

Do I think we can still win? Of course. Do I think we are "fine"?. Not really.

I don't want to see a single person who is right now saying "we'll be fine" using MT as an excuse if we lose. And to the person who said we play nothing but trash cans, Oakland and Green Bay are not trash cans, especially Green Bay.

Do I think we can still win? Of course. Do I think we are "fine"?. Not really.

I don't think anyone is really looking forward to playing without Mike. I think people are just saying we trust the depth, coaching and other weapons. There are plenty other weapons that can and will get involved in the offense. Also, there fully exists the possibility that the offense will go into a full funk without him. But Mike played week 1 and the offense was stank. So itll be hard to judge if its him not being there, or a continuation of week 1 stank.

If it's a very severe sprain (broken bones / torn ligaments) it can require surgery. (season ending?)

If it's less severe, it can take up to 10 weeks.

Moderate sprains can be 4-6 weeks.
(I think Sequan Barkly had a moderate sprain last year and he missed 3 games)

If it's mild, it can take 1-3 weeks.

Any assumption at this point would be pure speculation since we have no info.

I'm not too concerned about Monday night. We have enough weapons to outscore the Raiders indoors, and with no crowd.

I’d be more worried if Thomas had 10 catches for 100+ yds and 2 TDs week 1 and the entire offense/passing game ran through him...

3 catches for 18 yards or so won’t break the offense. This will be fine... it’ll allow the passing game to make new connections and synchronization

I'm not too concerned about Monday night. We have enough weapons to outscore the Raiders indoors, and with no crowd.

If there was a crowd it would be 40% Saints fans anyways , 55% Raiders fans (some diehards and some just getting started or interested in the team, and 5% rich people on a night out. Doubt the noise would effect us. Bigger problem is the league and refs wanting the Raiders to win their home opener in Vegas.

The truth is we have a pretty light schedule through the bye week. There are no easy games in the NFL, but if you have to go without arguably your best player, you want to do it against the Raiders, Lions, and Chargers. Green Bay will be tough, but that game probably hinges on the defense stopping Rodgers anyway.

Agreed, he needs time to rest the ankle and should consider the Tua procedure. Now Kamara can earn all that money as a slot receiver

Did you see Tua after his procedure? I personally think that what the Alabama staff did borders on medical malpractice. What happens when he gets the procedure and is rushed back on the field only to get a compensatory injury because he’s hobbling around...much like Kamara last year? No shortcuts...use standard of care treatments and return to play strategies.

We are winning with defense now. Sanders is here and is a very capable WR. Cook has completely come into form and we have plenty of other weapons.

I think the days of Thomas having to carry the team are over anyway. Let him rest and come back. We will be fine. If we aren't fine, then we weren't good or deep enough to win a SB anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom