Thomas is the Liability, not McKenzie. (1 Viewer)

+1 it was clear in the preseason this would be a weakness. cb needs major help. no talent and no depth in this position

I disagree, McKenzie is physical enough where he is a good #2 CB on a team with a good pass rush. He gets beat deep every once in awhile but is servicable on intermediate routes. Thomas on the other hand is small and gets beat way to much on slants, hook routes, and crossing patterns.

Are you joking? MM never looks back at the d*mn ball. Hes the biggest joke in the secondary. Sorry.. look at it again. MM has been burnt on way more big plays than Fred.

Actually, neither CB gets burnt. They just let the WR catch the ball then tackle him.

Are you joking? MM never looks back at the d*mn ball. Hes the biggest joke in the secondary. Sorry.. look at it again. MM has been burnt on way more big plays than Fred.

He has been beat deep more times, but who keeps giving up all these third and 9 10 and longer? At one point in the game Ravens had made 6 of 7 third down attempts, who were they throwing at during third down? Fred Thomas

Our corners gave up 13 catches for 141 yards and 1 TD.

Chris MCallister and Samari Rolle gave up 12 catches for 313 yards and 3 TD's. You guys can blame the corners all you want but last time I checked they didn't throw any of our 4 interceptions, didn't fumble the ball any and was only responsible for 1 of our 10 penalties. Maybe we should trade Thomas and McKenzie for Prude and Landry since they both had TD's. Do you think our corners could have caught those balls and took them for TD's? Would you feel better about them if they scored two TD's off a tipped pass and a duck, either of which I could have taken in for 7?

This is funny. Do we neeed to upgrade our depth and get younger at CB? Yes! Are our CB's the liability of this team? Not even close.

I liked Freddie when he had his broken hand and played with "the club." He would smack the ball down with some brutal force!

MM not only has been burnt but he has hurt us with numerous flags being thrown in his general direction. I was and I repeat WAS a MM fan.....not anymore. We need secondary help bad.

For anyone who says McKenzie is afraid to tackle . . . I don't know what games you have been watching. From what I have noticed, McKenzie seems to be one of the better tackling corners in the league. I think he's very good in run support. He does a good job in pass coverage, but is not a "shut down" corner. I think everyone was expecting McKenzie to be a Champ Bailey type corner but he has never been that type of player. He is however a good starting corner. I don't understand how people bash his play but praised the play of Harper. Before he got injured, Harper was caught peeking in the backfield which resulted in several deep balls. Harper's pass coverage had been very inconsistent. He's a rookie and will get better no doubt (he's definitely shown flashes), but I don't understand how people hate on McKenzie but praised Harper.

I disagree, McKenzie is physical enough where he is a good #2 CB on a team with a good pass rush. He gets beat deep every once in awhile but is servicable on intermediate routes. Thomas on the other hand is small and gets beat way to much on slants, hook routes, and crossing patterns.

come on. i don't believe other teams are jealous we have mike mckenzie as a #2 #1

McKenzie doesn't tackle him, thats the difference.

mckenzietackle2.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom