Thomas is the Liability, not McKenzie. (2 Viewers)

Kross

What You Are
Reaction score
I'm tired of everyone bashing McKenzie and giving Thomas a free pass. Seriously, if you've been watching the games Thomas has been the corner teams chosen to pick on repeatedly and who has been burned over and over. Not trying to be negative, just saying McKenzie I think has played pretty well this season, or atleast better than Thomas.

You obviously haven't been watching the same McKenzie...... Thats #34, the one that is afraid to tackle anyone.....

Thomas has been beaten for more than McKenzie.

I agree, but Freddie is a forum sweet heart and MM draws a lot of hate for some reason. The bottom line is MM is a far superior CB and has been playing well this year. Personally, I'd like to have Freddie as our nickel cornerback, MM as our #2 and a great #1 CB. Hopefully we can get that guy in free agency; if not, at least draft one and start grooming him as the future #1 CB.

I agree, but Freddie is a forum sweet heart and MM draws a lot of hate for some reason. The bottom line is MM is a far superior CB and has been playing well this year. Personally, I'd like to have Freddie as our nickel cornerback, MM as our #2 and a great #1 CB. Hopefully we can get that guy in free agency; if not, at least draft one and start grooming him as the future #1 CB.

How can you say MM has been playing well?

I love Freddie Thomas and have been on his bandwagon but MM has outplayed him so far this year.

I don't understand why everyone is acting like our secondary is toast. We played a team that had a new offensive coordinator and had zero film to gameplan. The second half our secondary was very solid and our coaching staff made the adjustments. McNair threw for 159 freaking yards. We make fun of QB's that throw for so few yards. McNair threw for 1 TD, Todd Heap was limited to 3 catches and less than 50 yards receiving. If I told you before the game started that McNair threw for 159 yards and 1 TD and people on the forum would be bashing our CB's who played single coverage allowing us to blitz and fill the box to stop the run you would have laughed at me.

I don't think our secondary is toast, but it does need some upgrading in the offseason. I'm just really tired of hearing, "McKenzie sucks", and them praising Thomas when he's been burned twice as many times.

The thing with MM is he was getting burned for 50 yards at a time while Thomas gets beat on the 10-15 yard out route. A perfectly timed 15 yard out can not be stopped regardless of the defense and McNair was throwing some great passes today. The only way to stop that is to knock the QB out of his timing and usually the best way to do that is with pressure. We weren't getting much pressure and as long as McNair could take his 5 steps and throw there was nothing our secondary could do about it.

Both will not be the starters next year. Neither are starting cornerbacks in this league.

I disagree....lets see how they do if the entire defensive line could get pressure on the QB without having to blitz. Good pass coverage depends on the pass rush as well. Would I cry if we upgraded the position...no, but if we got more pressure on the QB instead of letting him sit there and eat a danish, drink some coffee, then throw a pass they might look a little better.

Agreed clemms, when McKenzie has been burned, he has been burned deep.

That said, when McKenzie has been beat on these plays he is usually all over the receiver and the receiver has had to make an amazing play. If you watch the first 2 games this year when McKenzie got beat 2 or 3 times like this he was all over the receiver and they made incredible catches. I just wonder why people get all over McKenzie when a receiver makes a play but when they keep picking on Freddie all game long, he's exempt from critism.

Agreed clemms, when McKenzie has been burned, he has been burned deep.

That said, when McKenzie has been beat on these plays he is usually all over the receiver and the receiver has had to make an amazing play. If you watch the first 2 games this year when McKenzie got beat 2 or 3 times like this he was all over the receiver and they made incredible catches. I just wonder why people get all over McKenzie when a receiver makes a play but when they keep picking on Freddie all game long, he's exempt from critism.

Agreed. I've been wondering the same thing.

I love Freddie Thomas and have been on his bandwagon but MM has outplayed him so far this year.

I don't understand why everyone is acting like our secondary is toast. We played a team that had a new offensive coordinator and had zero film to gameplan. The second half our secondary was very solid and our coaching staff made the adjustments. McNair threw for 159 freaking yards. We make fun of QB's that throw for so few yards. McNair threw for 1 TD, Todd Heap was limited to 3 catches and less than 50 yards receiving. If I told you before the game started that McNair threw for 159 yards and 1 TD and people on the forum would be bashing our CB's who played single coverage allowing us to blitz and fill the box to stop the run you would have laughed at me.

I DISAGREE ON THIS bclemms......when a QB has a 122 rating.....then the problem lies with the secondary!....You know how I see MMK??....as a CB who lost his interest playing for the Saints!...he was beaten today too, not like F Thomas, but he can't cover anybody, and today he was lucky!....but he was exposed more than once this season, and the Saints will have to adress his position in the future!.....is not how many yds the QB throws, but rather how is he able to move the chains.....and McNair was lots of times in a 3rd and long situations, and he threw for first downs.....hence the great rating!

I'm sorry but I think that I'm going to have to point the finger of blame elsewhere in the secondary towards Jason Craft. When hasn't he been burned? Even when he wasn't being burnt today, he tipped the ball away from Fujita and to the Ravens for a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom