Thomas makes 4th on Gil Brandt's top 5 OROTY Watch. (1 Viewer)

FatCitySaint

Drag The Waters
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott, Laquon Treadwell lead NFL OROY candidates | NFL.com

4-michael-thomas-wr-new-orleans-saints_pg_600.jpg

4) Michael Thomas, WR, New Orleans Saints
The nephew of Keyshawn Johnson is doing well in New Orleans, garnering plenty of preseason praise and posting four catches for 67 yards in his NFL debut. He has long arms, big hands and a wide catch radius. The very strong receiver plays with a chip on his shoulder and knows how to make the first tackler miss. He needs to work on getting off the line, but Thomas should fit very well into the Drew Brees-led New Orleans attack, filling the catch-machine role of former Saint Marques Colston.

My money is on Elliot because he'll be put in the best situation with that line and an offense predicated on ball control. Receivers rarely put up gaudy numbers in our offense, not sold on Treadwell as OROY until Bridgewater starts throwing more than 8 yards downfield (and until his line can protect him long enough to get the ball out), and I'd like Coleman more if McCown was the starter. Henry is definitely a wildcard. He could be a star but I'm not sure about the surrounding cast.

I think if Elliot is even half as good as what he should be, he's a sure thing. If he blows or gets hurt, Sterling Shepard will win it.

The only thing that will keep MT from getting it is Drew's knack for spreading the ball around so much. If he was the only WR or had a QB that couldn't progress through reads then he would probably win it

Anything less than OROY would be a disappointing year for Elliott in my opinion. One of the best RB prospects in the past decade gets put behind one of the best OLs of the past decade? Something is going to have to go terrible wrong for that to not work right.

I think that Thomas, Shepherd, and Coleman are the three best WRs from the class. New Orleans has lots of mouths to feed as Cooks and Snead could put up 2500 yards between them, and threre should be another 1500+ from the TEs and RBs. Thomas looks like a 1000+ yard receiver but the math isn't adding up. On the other hand Coleman is essentially by himself, as Gordon flakes out...and Shepard looks like the #2 in a pass heavy offense opposite of a future HOF WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom