Thomas, Smith, McCoy, Armstead, Onyemata, Davenport, Alexander, Lutz, Hill, Harris, Jones, Peat (1 Viewer)

I remember a news clipping/quote from this QB/WR workouts with “Route God” or whatever… and Winston and TQS were working specifically on deep hookups. Winston supposedly told TQS “keep running, and I’ll get the ball to you”
I already have a list of things I wanna see TQS do once he returns:

Stay HEALTHY, we need him on da field the rest of the way!

Block like he’s capable of doin! When he does, watch n see AK attack the edges more to his side on run plays!

As a receiver, keep an eye on him on the intermediate crossing routes! He’s fearless n physical goin over the middle.

Watch him on play-action passes too. He blocks so well on run plays, he gets lost by the coverages, n sometimes ends up breaking wide open!

And FINALLY, the deep ball! I’ve BEEN wantin to see what he can do here! I’ve always believed that Trequan is FAST! The difference between him n a player like Deonte is that Harris is quicker n can get up to top speed in a heartbeat! Trequan is a “strider”, so it takes a lil longer for him to get up to top speed ( I think some folk call this “long speed”) .

Which kinda goes back to Winston, ( who’s got a decent arm, I guess😂) tellin him “keep running, and I’ll get the ball to you”!

Fingers crossed! 👍🏽

i hate to say this... but i'm nutz cause i want LUTZ back first... i never thought i would want a kicker to return before a WR.......

Yeah. You'd get that feeling when the jobbers that we send out there now are making them at the same rate as a coin flip. Lutz will be welcomed with wiiiide open arms.

I'm not holding my breath regarding TQS. Not sure he can bounce "Shorty-D" (I got a kick out of AK41 calling Deonte that in the post game presser) or Callaway for the #2 spot, even if he can stay healthy. And CGM might take a game or 2 to get into a rhythm with Winston.

So, I'm not expecting immediate help at WR. Hoping Trautman can continue to improve as that might be our most immediate receiver help.

But, yeah, on everyone else. :9:

I think it is pretty clear that Callaway is our 2nd best WR now....he is getting a lot of attention out there and is starting to produce anyways.....

Them: “We have Ironman, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Spider-Man. What you got?”

Us: “We have my boys from the chicken and waffle joint and Fat Sammy from the bar room Uptown, and we’re still going to kick y’all arse.”

:hihi:
Just hoping Them doesn't also have the refs or Brady's dietitian on their list ;)

Even when he is covered he is still open. Uses his body so well to shield away CBs

Thomas was so great because he and Brees had an unspoken language. EG: "If the DB leans this way, I will turn that way". Brees would watch for the inside/outside shade or lean and instantly release the ball before Mike made the break. Man, that was hard to stop! You need to be strong and physical to do that, and Thomas has the beans to do it. However, you need the QB to process and release the ball very fast and accurately. Also, I don't think Thomas' YPC will go up much just because Jameis has the arm.

Thomas was so great because he and Brees had an unspoken language. EG: "If the DB leans this way, I will turn that way". Brees would watch for the inside/outside shade or lean and instantly release the ball before Mike made the break. Man, that was hard to stop! You need to be strong and physical to do that, and Thomas has the beans to do it. However, you need the QB to process and release the ball very fast and accurately. Also, I don't think Thomas' YPC will go up much just because Jameis has the arm.
Perhaps. But for now, history n stats tell a different story:

After Drew’s injury in 2020, Taysom Hill came off the bench for 4 games, n went 3-1 as a starter! In his 4 outings, he completed 30 passes to Mike for 343 yds n 11.4 ypc.

After Drew’s injury in 2019, Teddy Bridgewater came off the bench n started n won 5 straight games for the Saints! In those 5 games ol “Check Down Teddy” completed 42 passes to Mike for 551 yds n 13.2 ypc!

Now, jus for fun, over a 16 game season, with EITHER backup QB, Teddy OR Taysom, Michael Thomas STILL woulda ended up with around 120- 130 catches n somewhere between 1300 n 1750 yds!

No doubt, over the years, Drew n Mike built great chemistry together! But it damned sure didn’t take long for a pair of backup QBs to develop chemistry with #13 either, now did it!!! 😂

So once a fully healthy MT returns. the big question will be how long will it take for him n Jameis to develop THEIR chemistry?

I think IF the 2019 “Can’t Guard Mike” shows up, it probably won’t take long at all!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Perhaps. But for now, history n stats tell a different story:

After Drew’s injury in 2020, Taysom Hill came off the bench for 4 games, n went 3-1 as a starter! In his 4 outings, he completed 30 passes to Mike for 343 yds n 11.4 ypc.

After Drew’s injury in 2019, Teddy Bridgewater came off the bench n started n won 5 straight games for the Saints! In those 5 games ol “Check Down Teddy” completed 42 passes to Mike for 551 yds n 13.2 ypc!

Now, jus for fun, over a 16 game season, with EITHER backup QB, Teddy OR Taysom, Michael Thomas STILL woulda ended up with around 120- 130 catches n somewhere between 1300 n 1750 yds!

No doubt, over the years, Drew n Mike built great chemistry together! But it damned sure didn’t take long for a pair of backup QBs to develop chemistry with #13 either, now did it!!! 😂

So once a fully healthy MT returns. the big question will be how long will it take for him n Jameis to develop THEIR chemistry?

I think IF the 2019 “Can’t Guard Mike” shows up, it probably won’t take long at all!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Not sure we will see MT in a Saints uniform ever again. Be it he remains injured and out. Or he is healthy and the Saints decide to trade him, for draft choices. Just my vibe.

Here’s another thing to keep in your back pocket about TQS… Coming out of college, his best attribute was his ability to stretch the defense and go get the deep ball.. by the time he got to the Saints, that part of Brees’ game was largely over with… if there’s one thing Winston does exceptionally well, it’s drop dimes in the deep passing game. 🤔
TQS led all WR with yds per catch last yr.

Not sure we will see MT in a Saints uniform ever again. Be it he remains injured and out. Or he is healthy and the Saints decide to trade him, for draft choices. Just my vibe.
Funny, I don't get that vibe coming out of Airline hwy. Thats not how the Saints do business. Sean worked MT like a spring break rental car in Drews last years. I don't think either wants to leave this team holding the bag on MT leaving. If he was leaving we know by now about it already.

Anyone have a list with the week each player is expected back? I know that's a lot to ask, but theres so many people out, all of the schedules are just muddled now. Just wondering if anyone has kept a log of the windows of expected week to return. I know Michael Thomas can return after week 6. Onyemata is after week 6. The rest? I have no idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom