Thomas Tweets, Thomas deletes. Basically standing up for Garrett. (1 Viewer)

Ridiculous idea. You want to get him FURTHER drawn into this shirt? He doesn't see this issue the way you. Or the way the majority of us do. He has different life experiences and a different frame of reference (aka he's been in analogous situations in the NFL... You haven't). Quit trying to make everyone see the world the same way. You won't change his mind, you'll just make him feel as though he's not got support from inside his team.

As I said, this is part of him. It's not my take but I can appreciate that he can hold a different opinion & won't give him shirt for it. If you don't like it, don't root for the guy. If HE'D hit an opposing player with a helmet, it'd be a totally different situation but he didn't. He's a young man posturing. Someone had a weird with him, he deleted the tweet. He's moved on... And you want him to apologize? Smh. Get over yourself.
Posturing? What, to show how immature of a reaction he can provide? It was an emotional reaction, not a well thought out reaction. Like I said. THINK, before you respond to such an event. And Thomas had plenty of time to think. He was not part of the event.

Anybody who is on social media on a regular basis is eventually going to say something dumb. And then everybody is going to pounce on it and comment which is almost as worthless.

And yes this is a comment on comments on a comment. This is what we’ve become. I’m guilty.

Posturing? What, to show how immature of a reaction he can provide? It was an emotional reaction, not a well thought out reaction. Like I said. THINK, before you respond to such an event. And Thomas had plenty of time to think. He was not part of the event.
Genuine question; if someone in the FO had your kind of fragile sensibilities and demanded CGM apologise, how do you think that would go? Would he pause and reflect on his upbringing to date and realise his folly....Or do you think he'd feel as though the team didn't support him?

These guys aren't U.N. ambassadors. They're young men with a vastly different experiences to the majority of society who get paid to play a violent game. What Garrett did was wrong, he'll get punished by the league (obviously not LEOs - another stupid take). CGM had an opinion on it. Not one most of us would agree with. But he deleted it (probably under advisement) and he's gonna move on. You should too. Unless you're Mason Rudolph's mom... In which case, keep up your outrage.

You mad bro! Plain and simple. Just like Mike. Wa wa. They give out lots of towels at Saints games.
Haha, please... You're demanding an apology for the Twitterverse. Stop crying, buttercup.

Or better yet, go up to CGM and tell him you're offended by his tweet and ask for your apology... Yeah, didn't think so. ?

Most of the NFL players who have spoken up, that weren’t Steelers, aren’t really coming out super hard against Garrett, no? Any football players currently in the league hammered down like Garrett did on Rudolph’s noggin?

Props to Mike for deleting the tweet. No problem with his having an adversarial opinion, just no need to broadcast that opinion to 280K.

It could be a felony. There is going to be significant fallout from this. Randolph may be able to file a civil case against Garrett. And local police (highly doubtful) could pursuit a felony charge. Lots to think about here. Going to be interesting.
Rudolph. His name is Rudolph.

Anybody who is on social media on a regular basis is eventually going to say something dumb. And then everybody is going to pounce on it and comment which is almost as worthless.

And yes this is a comment on comments on a
!comment. This is what we’ve become. I’m guilty.
In the pre- social media days, hitting Reply all instead of Reply can be disastrous as well. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom