Thomas Tweets, Thomas deletes. Basically standing up for Garrett. (1 Viewer)

If someone runs up on you in a physical manner, expect to be reciprocated with physical action.

Take the helmet out of the equation and I’d totally agree. This was ‘Run up and get done up by a punk that has to use a weapon’. It’s a punk move. Cowardly.

With no weapon, it’s a man’s fight and totally agree.

Ridiculous idea. You want to get him FURTHER drawn into this shirt? He doesn't see this issue the way you. Or the way the majority of us do. He has different life experiences and a different frame of reference (aka he's been in analogous situations in the NFL... You haven't). Quit trying to make everyone see the world the same way. You won't change his mind, you'll just make him feel as though he's not got support from inside his team.

As I said, this is part of him. It's not my take but I can appreciate that he can hold a different opinion & won't give him shirt for it. If you don't like it, don't root for the guy. If HE'D hit an opposing player with a helmet, it'd be a totally different situation but he didn't. He's a young man posturing. Someone had a weird with him, he deleted the tweet. He's moved on... And you want him to apologize? Smh. Get over yourself.
Define irony. You’re telling him not to see the world thru his eyes only but you and MT are doing just that.

I sure would be a lot happier if someone would confiscate the electronic devices of our players until the season is over. I'd love to see our guys just concerned about playing their best football each week without doing all this tweeting. :covri:

I sure would be a lot happier if someone would confiscate the electronic devices of our players until the season is over. I'd love to see our guys just concerned about playing their best football each week without doing all this tweeting. :covri:

Social media seems to bring out the worst in the vast majority of the people who use it. IMO.
(And I’m referencing things like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)

As some have said, athletes are people too, and are not exempt from being polarizing on social media.

Last edited:
I understand that Garrett is the big news but can someone explain to me how these refs, who are supposed to be protecting players, can miss two helmets to the head on the same receiver on the same play as happened in that same game. I would think that would be something Thomas should be more concerned about.

Define irony. You’re telling him not to see the world thru his eyes only but you and MT are doing just that.
Did you notice the bit where I said that I don't agree with MT? See that's the amazing thing about the U.S. I can disagree with an opinion but respect someone else's right to have it!

Demanding that someone apologise for a tweet they deleted is the essence of "PC culture". It won't actually change MT's opinion. It serves no practical purpose. It'll just damage his relationship with the team. And who are we to say he's wrong? It's not MY opinion but I've also never played in an NFL game.

What's more it's a dumb take cos none of you would say squat to him. If you wanna, go have at it on his platform. Stop crying about it on a forum. This is who he is. Y'all ain't gonna change him. ?

Again, for clarity, I expect Garrett to get a lengthy ban & I don't believe CGM would ever do that in a game. He's smarter than that. But I'm also not trying to tell him to alter his personality to fit in with the schizophrenic desires of football fans who scream "KILL HIM" at a FS from their team as he hits an opposing RB, then get offended when those same young men express violent tendencies. Define hypocrite.

I know that I'm in the minority here, but whatever happened to doing what's best for the team? I know that these are a bunch of tough kids who feel like they have the right to defend their honor when someone tries to get the best of them in an offensive and illegal (according to the rule book) manner.

But let's face it, football is a team sport and football games have been lost due to retaliatory penalties. These players often say that they will do whatever it takes to win football game for their teammates. Does that include taking a little flack from your opponent in order to avoid being kicked out of the game and your team penalized for your being caught up in a skirmish?

I get it, these players want to show how tough they are by not backing down from a challenge. But sometimes the toughest guy on the field is the one who refuses to retaliate and keeps his team in position to win a football game. The officials do not always see who instigated a fight, but they almost always toss up a flag at the one who prolongs it.

The toughest guy out their is the one who let's his game performance dictate who really is the best player. For the sake of your team... get a grip gentlemen!

So players can't have lives during football season?:rolleyes:

Ridiculous idea. You want to get him FURTHER drawn into this shirt? He doesn't see this issue the way you. Or the way the majority of us do. He has different life experiences and a different frame of reference (aka he's been in analogous situations in the NFL... You haven't). Quit trying to make everyone see the world the same way. You won't change his mind, you'll just make him feel as though he's not got support from inside his team.

As I said, this is part of him. It's not my take but I can appreciate that he can hold a different opinion & won't give him shirt for it. If you don't like it, don't root for the guy. If HE'D hit an opposing player with a helmet, it'd be a totally different situation but he didn't. He's a young man posturing. Someone had a weird with him, he deleted the tweet. He's moved on... And you want him to apologize? Smh. Get over yourself.

He can delete his tweet and move on.....I agree with you on this. APOLIGIZE ? SERIOUSLY ? Is society so fragile he has to apologize to smooth over feelings ? I wouldn't apologize for anything at all cause he didnt do anything wrong.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom